1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I just floored my Duramax for the first time
. I know! what took me so long?

When I floored it the smoke out the exhaust was unbelievable! Is this normal? I do mostly highway driving. And have really taken it easy on the truck since I bought it. It currently has 12,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mackin-

It was more grayish not really any black at all.

I drive diesel fire trucks and they are floored, or pretty much near to floored, on a lot of occasions. You have to, to get all that mass moving from a dead stop. They smoke little in comparison. Is it that they are floored more often and "cleaned out" in the process?

The smoke from my truck pretty much took me by surprise.

-Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">Update!</V:SHAPE></V:SHAPE>

<V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">It must have been soot buidup like ROCKYMTNDMAX said. I floored it a few times since then and it get's less and less each time. Really not much now. I guess I have to stop driving so easy.</V:SHAPE></V:SHAPE>

<V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">Anyway... I added a "Carbon build up maintenance routine" to my driving pattern.
javascript smilie(':burn:')</V:SHAPE></V:SHAPE><V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><V:SHAPE coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ShumDit said:
Me ~ just the opposite. I'm gonna take it nice and easy to buildup a major load of sut (yes ~ sut) to dump on someone who'll deserve it
The CC might be useful afterall

ShumDit:

I LOL. That's exactly how I found out about it the first time... Passing some guy who was driving like a
idiot. When I looked in the rear view mirror, he was covered in smoke! It looked like one of those James Bond scenes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.