Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those of you who actually use your duallies to work and tow with, i thought i would share this with you. I have an 07 classic D/A fingered, straight piped, and an edge juice. i have a custom harvesting business that requires me to buy about 19,500 gallons of off highway diesel for our five machines to run all summer. well, i went out and bought a 20,000 gallon tank and since diesel does not really have an expiration date like gasoline, i buy in bulk in the winter when prices are down and store it at my shop till the summer. so, i hooked up my 30 foot gooseneck and set out to eastern oregon where i got it loaded and drove it home. i hauled this bad boy over the cascade Mt. range and back down to silverton where i live, and thank the lord i have a Duramax! I used to drive semi, so i know what its like to haul a heavy load and this pick-up is just amazing. this tank is 10.5 feet tall, and 30 feet long. sitting on the trailer my gross weight was 29,500 pounds! No problem! not only was it heavy, this tank was like a huge friggin sail going down the road. wind resitance...what wind resistance? lets see another pick-up do that, up and over the Mt's without dropping its nuts on the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Good lord.....is that going to be an above ground tank or ugst?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Excellent !!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like real world use to prove the worth of these trucks. Good Job. For a minute I thought you were going to say the tank was full of diesel ------- just kidding.

·
Registered
400 Posts
:clap: Wow, thats a big tank. Way to put your truck to work. One of the reasons I'm glad I got a duramax.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Now that is a load

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Pixall;1541911; said:
For all those of you who actually use your duallies to work and tow with, i thought i would share this with you. I have an 07 classic D/A fingered, straight piped, and an edge juice. i have a custom harvesting business that requires me to buy about 19,500 gallons of off highway diesel for our five machines to run all summer. well, i went out and bought a 20,000 gallon tank and since diesel does not really have an expiration date like gasoline, i buy in bulk in the winter when prices are down and store it at my shop till the summer. so, i hooked up my 30 foot gooseneck and set out to eastern oregon where i got it loaded and drove it home. i hauled this bad boy over the cascade Mt. range and back down to silverton where i live, and thank the lord i have a Duramax! I used to drive semi, so i know what its like to haul a heavy load and this pick-up is just amazing. this tank is 10.5 feet tall, and 30 feet long. sitting on the trailer my gross weight was 29,500 pounds! No problem! not only was it heavy, this tank was like a huge friggin sail going down the road. wind resitance...what wind resistance? lets see another pick-up do that, up and over the Mt's without dropping its nuts on the road!

holy $H1T!!!!

now thats a big load :eek2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
:drop_mout That is awesome. Pat on the back for not asking them to bring it to ya on a semi.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,141 Posts
Ya, I thought you were going to say you went and got 19k gallons of diesel:eek: That would of been 140,000# pull. Still could of done it though:D

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I at first thought he said he was gonna pull it full. No joke that is a sail, strong cross wind could put the trailer over. Imagine the containment wall that sob would need. (around here msut ahve cement enclosure to contain fuel spills.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good pics. Great to see somebody else that is not afraid to WORK a truck that was born to WORK. I have rolled that scales at 40k. The Chevy never ceases to perform.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cool! The 24-hour Fuel Station is now open!

Why don't you show your "Location" on your bio??? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.