Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I'm looking for a heavy front bumper with shackles in place of tow hooks and ability to add a winch later. Any pictures of your truck are appreciated so I can convince my wife. I'm tired of people backing into my bumper.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
dieselman,

here is an early pic of my road armor stealth series. this is the only pic I have for now. you can see the winch bay ( I am still waiting on the winch cover plate and there are recessed light areas made for PIAA 540's and 510's with shackle mounts. great quality and looks and very strongs. checkout their site www.roadarmor.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ski1,
The picture from the side makes it look acceptable, but that front shot makes it look huge. It doesn't look that large on the website. How high is the bumper ( In the area where the winch will mount)?
Nice truck, though. I almost had her sold until she saw the front shot.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
dman,

i have not measured it, but my guess is about 12" inches, for the flat face and the angle on top. the shaded portion to the bottom you really do not see while standing ( I squatted to shoot the picture) it is a built in skid plate. I am away from the house for the week but will take pictures and measurements saturday. the stock tires make it look larger than life, but is proportional to the truck. I am hoping my 35s will be on also
ireally need better pics, i snapped those the first install night as it was beginning to rain and the lighting is horrible.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check out www.toughcountry.com . These are boss bumpers that look great. They are easy to work with and will make to your specs with cut-outs and mounts for lights, etc.

They have a bumper made for me and sitting there. Now is all I need is the truck to put it on. Sigh...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't have any GMC pictures but I highly recommend Reunel. I have one of their rear bumpers on my Silverado and the are STOUT!

Front

Rear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts