Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents, First night in the forum.

I just picked up a 2004 solid silver Crew Cab 4X4 Silverado on Veteran's Day. It's the first 4-wheel drive and first diesel truck I've owned. I'll be the first to admit I don't know squat about diesels, but I'm a fast learner.

I came out of a 2002 Avalanche that I put 49,000 miles on in 22 months. I blew the transmission completely out of the bottom of it in early August, and began having tranny problems again earlier this month.

I pull a 7 x 14 enclosed m/c trailer, which I was told was suitable for the Avalanche (I had the 5.3 motor). However after the Avalanche began giving me problems the second time around, I figured it was time to move into something I 'knew' could handle my towing chores.

So far, I love the truck. I have about 600 miles on it so far, and although it's my first diesel, it's easy to get used to.

I'm not sure about all the performance accessories that are available, and frankly I'm a novice when dealing with diesel add-on's. I'll be searching the forum for any ideas on what I may want to add to make 'er run just a bit better. Whatever I do, I do not want to void the warranty - period.

One simple question: I had a set of very heavy duty Chevy factory floor mats in the Avalanche. Does anyone know if Chevy sells a similar set for a Silverado?

Looking forward to getting smart(er) every day on this truck.

Y'all have a safe Thanksgiving,

Chris in NC

·
Registered
617 Posts
Catch-All by Nifty Products (NPI) makes the best looking and functional floor mats I have seen. I have been using them since '98. I buy them from Summit Racing. www.summitracing.com

http://www.niftyproducts.com/catchall.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
neverenuf said:
Catch-All by Nifty Products (NPI) makes the best looking and functional floor mats I have seen. I have been using them since '98. I buy them from Summit Racing. www.summitracing.com

http://www.niftyproducts.com/catchall.html
No complaints here about the Catch-all mats. I've had mine for over 2 years now and very happy with them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
got mine at walmart, rubber ones

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have Huskey Floor mats, and really like them, they are molded up on the sides, so if your boots are wet, it wont cover your carpet with water, plus they are easy to clean and dont slide around in the truck. Just another option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts