Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Sierra 3500 HD is code TP2, can any of you tell me if this is just a heavy duty battery upgrade or an additional battery ?? I have seen some older GM's with 2 batteries so the offered option has me wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My 2500HD has dual batteries (supposed to anyway...will know for sure when it arrives later this week). It was standard for the Duramax. I think the HD battery is for gassers but not sure.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
All Duramax's have 2 batteries.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello, as respects your question, on the 2500HD (gas) you can order it with dual batteries, 660cca or a single HD batery 770cca, and/or a HD alternator / 145 amp. Also there is an option of getting one HD battery, and one std battery.The diesels come std with dual batteries, and a single 145 amp alt. std.

Sir-col

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Anyone know what part numbers I would need to get to set up the dual alternator? I heard someone on here had done it and I can't seem to find out who.

·
Registered
747 Posts
SpoolinTurbo said:
Anyone know what part numbers I would need to get to set up the dual alternator? I heard someone on here had done it and I can't seem to find out who.

I think dmaxallitech sells a kit and there is a thread on dual powermasters in the DIY section.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Why would you want or need to add another alternator? Isn't 145Amp. enough for most anything?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sir-Col said:
The diesels come std with dual batteries, and a single 145 amp alt. std.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but the standard alternator that comes with the Duramax is only 105 amps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My '04 D/A has a 105 amp alt.
My '99 Jeep wrangler came equiped with a 117 amp alt and it only had one battery to worry about...

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 04 has 145 amps w/ plow prep package

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The dual battery option was just for the gassers as Sir-Col has said. The Dmax comes with two batteries standard since you need both to crank the diesel, especially when it's cold.

The standard alternator is 105 amps and the alternator that comes with the plow prep package is 145 amps.

I don't know if the 145 is available by itself or only with the package, and I think VooDoo got the dual alts from the factory, but I don't recall what the alternator output was for that option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts