Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling a small load, 16ft trailer with 4 Round Hay bails. This past weekend, and I got hot, not the truck. Trans and Engine heat same as always, but the heater was running me out of the cab. Outside temp was low 30's, turned the heater to cold, vent, even tried to turn on the A/C. Heat coming out of the vents was so hot you could barely stand to have you hand in front of it. Any thoughts. I pulled over gave everything a quick look over, no thrown codes, no fluids, no odors, so I headed back down the road. After about 1 hour, 50 miles later, everything started working again.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds like something was stuck open.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
My '02 did sorta the same thing but opposite once, 25 deg out,100 miles form home and all was well till a fuel stop, hit the road and then no heat in the cab????? got it on full hot, blowing COLD still, look and the AC light is on???? hit knob to to turn it off it stays on??turn all the knobs same chit, shut truck off restarted still blowing COLD air..... Ended up having to shut it down and pull the HVAC fuses to get the system to "reboot" and get the AC to turn off and move the heater doors open!!!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
My right side dual climate control stuck full open. Right side blazing hot left side was fully adjustable. I just closed the vents and figured I'll bring it in for repair. The next day it was fine.

I will watch it for sticking open again. But you cant bring it in while its working OK.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Prolly the actuator or possible obstruction in air temp door ..... Intermediate problems get the OLE "Could not duplicate" responce .... But your out of warranty on that item anyway so,

Good Luck

Mac

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just fixed an 01' yesterday with a lazy blend door actuator. It retailed for $66.00 bucks and is under the dash to the left side of the glove box behind the black cover. It is the size of a deck of cards. When you cycle the temperature selector you sould feel the little wheel move back and forth. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmmm, yeh, no vacuum operated accuators on these things. I guess they all must be electric motor driven? Had an old gasser that the vacuum would go away on those long uphill pulls. The "failsafe" operation was for the dampers to move to full defrost and full heat.

I keep telling y'all we need a set of Control/Alt/Delete buttons added to the steering wheel for all this computer controlled stuff.
Edited by: gwmayes

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, it happened again last night on my way home, guess I will unprogram and take it in to the Dealer.

Thanks for the information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts