Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my heater box out last summer and was wanting to reinstall it for the winter and was wandering if i install the heater box and heater core and hook all the plugins up will my heat work? The reason for taking the heater box out was to lose wait for racing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did it work before you took it out? If you put it back in the way you took it out it should work just fine.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
what did you lose in weight 50-100 lbs, these trucks weigh 6500-7000lbs, thats alot of work , just take off the tail gate and spare tire and back seat,

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah it worked when i tokk it out and its in now and the blower works but its not putting out any heat. the runners for each individual vent are not on but the box is in and the heater core is hooked up and all plug ins are hooked up plus . Why is it not putting out heat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have you bleed the air out of it? As long as coolant is getting pumped into the core it should get hot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
how do you bleed the air?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its blowing air but no heat i will check to make sure in the morning that the plugs are all in.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
i took my heater box out last summer and was wanting to reinstall it for the winter and was wandering if i install the heater box and heater core and hook all the plugins up will my heat work? The reason for taking the heater box out was to lose wait for racing.
what did you lose in weight 50-100 lbs, these trucks weigh 6500-7000lbs, thats alot of work , just take off the tail gate and spare tire and back seat,
He said he wanted to lose wait, not weight.

Its blowing air but no heat i will check to make sure in the morning that the plugs are all in.
Where's the original poster, I guess we'll knead too weight on hymn two way n. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
It just comes out of the heater box and not the right vents. Do i need to hook up the vents to get any heat. Sorry i didnt know there was an english teacher on here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts