Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that if you get out of the truck, turn on the driver side heated seat-then walk around and turn on the passengers seat- come back 5 minutes later and both are off? This has happened to me 3 or 4 times. Any ideas?

Thanks,

SmokeyMax

·
Registered
29 Posts
That sounds wild. Every so often, I will turn my seat heaters on, then I get to my destination and I turn off the truck. I come back, start the truck again, and the seat heater is still on the same setting.

This has only happened a few times to me, but it freaks me out. Normally, it never comes back on. Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The passenger seat is tied to the seat belt. I don't know why the driver's seat does this because I turn mine on while I'm scraping and it's still on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine stays on too

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the gremlin also. Mine stays on once turned on seat belt or not and when you turn the truck down and back on they both are off.

I worry about a fire if they stay on too long without a body. Just paranoid from childhood fire I was in. But then again I think everything is a fire hazard.

·
Registered
612 Posts
mine says on until either switched off or the engine is shut down

Jim

·
Registered
473 Posts
We have a 2003 Tahoe and 2003 2500HD both have heated seats, both say on until either switched off or the engine is shut down.

·
Registered
812 Posts
And I thought this was going to be the answer to my seat heater problem...my driver side heater turns itself on and off. The damn thing cycles and I can't control it or turn it off.

·
Registered
473 Posts
At one time I thought I was having problems with the seat heater, but I figured out I was always bumping the switch when I was using the window buttons. My neighbor did have problems on his 03 suburban like aketay mentioned above and it was something to do with the drivers door module, it took him 3 tries for the tech to get it to screw up. I just learned that from him this morning.

·
Banned
394 Posts
cold start .....push button for seat warmer, walk around and hit other warmer button,,,, come back in 5 minutes and the pile of junk has turned itself off.....pisses me off so bad....mine does it too....american made junk!!!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
The gremlin is in mine... I took it into the dealer and they replaced the power seat memory module due to an intermittent grounds fault they found. I thought that fixed the issue, but NOT.

My problem is when both me and my wife are driving, we put the heaters on after the truck is running, and later find that they have switched themselves off after getting warm and then cutting out. It seems like an overload on a circuit breaker, because after we discover this, we kick them back on, and they tend to stay on.

Can't figure it out, and I will mention it again to the dealer if the truck ever needs to go back in.

MN.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You guys have heated seat in your TRUCK?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Gradyghost said:
You guys have heated seat in your TRUCK?

Sure do
.... infact, 2 of them, both front bucket seats

Jim

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You don't actually use them do you?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I sure would if I lived in PA
Even used them a couple times in TX so far

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I hear the heated seats have fart detectors ... let one rip and they'll shut off and turn on the ventilation system.
Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think you will find that if you spend more than a couple of hours a day in your truck when it is below "perky nipple" temperature, they come in nice handy. They also make someone else happy that wouldn't be otherwise... I will agree with you that a truck should be a truck, and trucks shouldn't come with carpet or a radio, but that is for the working fools. I bought mine as the truck on one hand, the daily driver on the other. Shoot me for liking my comforts. $40k+ for our trucks is a heck of a lot more useful than the $40k+ bimmers that people buy.

Tophog, there are new seats in some vehicles that do have ventilation built in. They are both heating and cooling seats that use a fan through a micro-perf leather to either heat your cheeks or cool them off. Too bad it blows them gas expulsions right at you!!! They should take a hint from you and try to evacuate that outside!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Me and the wifes perky nipple days are in the past however the heated seats sure feel good while shes (The truck) heating up. Edited by: cricket

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
hmmmm......you really got me thinking here....is there an aftermarket add on?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Cricket, Your truck must not have to heat up too much being in FL now. Sounds like you got away from the north! Congrats!

Anyway, this has not helped our failing cheek warmers. If anyone has a fix that has worked, I think some of us are all ears. Until then I'll just have to re-push the button when it clicks off.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts