Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is an 03 SLT with the power retracting mirrors. Are these mirrors heated? I assume not by the lack of logo or any other indication that they would be.
However my '01 mirrors were heated and I am surprised that my 03 are not.

So are they or are they not?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Max Power, If your refering to the power retracting trailer mirrors they are heated. I have them and
they make my day everytime I pull my TT. I am pretty sure that the other power mirrors are as well.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am talking about the factory power retracting trailer mirrors. I love mine too. I just couldn't see any evidence that they are heated. Thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine are power retracting and do not contain the logo as my '00 and '02 did, but they ARE indeed heated as i have used them to burn off morning dew the past 2 days. Your window sticker should state heated mirrors along with rear window deforst if you indeed have them

·
Registered
68 Posts
The mirrors are heated. The owner's manual states that they are only on when the rear window defroster is on.

I don't have the power entending, only the regular. I to was puzzled as to why nothing referenced them as being heated and there was no on/off switch. I found the answer in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Max Power, as Notsdale stated they will "heat" up when you turn on the rear defrost. Put your hand on the glass of the mirror, and you will be able to feel the heat !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts