Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the posts on heaters for our additional fuel filters, I’m thinking that a heater option might not be bad to have (use a separate switch to activate the heater). Is there a heated head the works with the CAT filters?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
After spending some time in the snow (Yosemite) 7 days, Ahh Bliss. I was worried about the same issue, with the Nictane set-up. Everything seemed fine, but on the way home I had my Fuel Gauge drop from full to empty, light went on, freaked me out, stopped, truck ran fine, but got me thinking something might have jelled around the sensor or something, Still a Mystery. I guess Nick would be the guy to chime in on this,,,,,

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
speedracer,

the fuel level sender may have went crazy on you.. its in the tank and i doubt it had anything to do with the weather. so far of the 300+ kits out there i haven't heard of any gelling problems. as long as you run a good additive (like the 409) when its cold you should be fine. AFAIK there is no heater option for the head itself although i have something in the works..

Nick

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well Nick I figured it was something to do with the tank itself, since I have the Transferflow, who knows. I have been very happy with your set-up, dealer that installed it was mighty impressed also. When you get the heater deal figured out, I am buying one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a pair of heated socks that run off of a battery in a catalog the other day. Maybe we could slip of of the socks over the Cat filter?
Edited by: Roegs

·
Registered
91 Posts
Keep us posted, Nick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a CAT filter on the frame. It has been -45 celcius and running with a good fuel additive. I have not had any problems.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've got 9500 miles / 250 hours on my Cat 0750 filter. We'll see this weekend if I have any problems letting it sit outside. Right now it's in the garage AND plugged in.

ps, I will change it at 10K...and when it warms up a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts