Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 04 Gmc has dual climate controls. (sliders). The passenger side temperature selector light does not work. I had the whole control unit out in my hand while trying to get my XM radio to work. The bulb had always been out ever since I owned the truck and I figured that I would replace it while I had dash apart. Although once I removed the controls, I could not see anyway to replace the bulb or whatever is iluminating the thing. It appears to be a sealed until that is not servicable? Any Ideas? Or do I have to replace the whole heater/Ac control unit? :confuzeld

Thanks!

Edit: I also realize now that I posted this in the wrong section...sorry.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had one of the lights go out in mine and the dealership had to replace the entire unit. They had to do the same thing with the radio, 2H-4H-4L switch, steering wheel controls, and headlight switch. I decided to keep the backlights set at 50% since I would not have a warranty to cover the cost next time.

-Wardster

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

That's amazing that one has to replace the whole unit for rotten 50 cent bulb! Kinda reminds me of computer viruses, the very people whom manufacter the computers also create viruses to destroy the very computer they sold you in order to sell you another computer or software. What a scam! I feel like a sheep, :sheephump

Auto industry=:nutkick: =consumer

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the vehicle is in warranty, GM provides a new control unit (or radio). If it's out of warranty, the customer either lives with the burnt-out bulbs, or gets stiffed for a new control unit or radio, and isn't a very happy customer. I'd think a company that designs things like this would eventually go bankrupt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the vehicle is in warranty, GM provides a new control unit (or radio). If it's out of warranty, the customer either lives with the burnt-out bulbs, or gets stiffed for a new control unit or radio, and isn't a very happy customer. I'd think a company that designs things like this would eventually go bankrupt.
Sounds as though they may be working on it, right along with Ferd and what's that company that the American people paid to bail out of bankruptcy not so long ago then turned around and sold out to foreigners? Oh, that was Chrysler! :shootself

No warranty....50,000mile. I'll probably just live with it.

Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts