Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"How do you like that Cummins?"

Went to a fishing seminar at Gator Ford near Tampa. Two times people came up and asked the same question last night. Rarely do people ask about the truck.....always the engine.

One fellow had a new 6.0 Ford Powerstroke with a flatbed body. I did not ask him about his truck as this Ford dealer is real nice to sponser the seminars. Many things are best left unsaid.

Reputation, both good and bad, is sure hard to change.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have not found anyone that does not like truck or the motor the only ones that don't like them are the people who have never owned one

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Hey

I get that too .... Usually goes something like this

Stranger: "Is that one of then Duramax's?"

Me: "Yup"

Stranger : "Nice Truck"

Me: "Thanks it's a toilet"

Stranger : *Laughing*

Stranger: "How do you like it ??"

Me : "Like ?? It's the best dam truck I've ever owned "

Stranger : *Smiling*

Stranger : "I see you have gauges ,are you running any performance stuff ?? "

Me: *Shrugs shoulders,smiling *

Stranger : "Ever run any Dodges,or Fords ??"

Me : "Um yup,It's on a steady diet ,I've eaten a few"

Stranger : "Awesome,good luck ,sweet truck"

Me : "Thanks"

Mac

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mack,

You should belong to the Corvette Club. That's where they talk about street racing and road rally's.

Reminds me of BMW motorcycles. From the 50's through the 80's they were simple machines with great longevity. They held their value and were a real source of pride. The last 10 years has seen them tarnish their reputation for longevity and reliability. They are now high-tech, lowered resale value and have more performance that most riders can use. They are no longer 'classic' machines rebuilt and cherished like the older ones.

That is a little of how I view the complex 'performance' diesels made today compared to Cummins. Kind of a parallel to most Harley Davidson models and history.

·
Registered
70 Posts
With my previous Ram CTDs I would have said the motor out classed the truck. But with the 3d Gen I think the truck is on par with the motor.

I am impressed!

Still waiting for the hitch to be installed--and the snow pile to melt to hook up to the trailer for the true test though.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looking at the title of the thread "hear it all the time" --does remind me that with the 99 Ram my daughter use to run to the window when a school bus or a garbage truck was out front and yell "Daddies home".

Now with the quieter CTD I park and come in through the garage and they say...."when did you come home".

They don't "hear it all the time"!Edited by: MABurns

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaBurns,

Wrote something like that recently. Seems many today only think of the Cummins as loud. They are two years behind the rest of the world.

Cute comment you made - "Eye here U".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts