Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work at mid night, allot of snow on the drivers side door so I unlocked the passenger side got the snow brush, started it up, shut the door. Both doors locked.
I didn't think they would lock till ya put it in gear.
Cost $45.00 and allot of humiliation from my co-workrs.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You can change that setting if you have a/the "DIC" option. Mine lock when placed in gear.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I thought you couldn't lock them that way either....

Going to have to experiment since mine is set to lock the doors after it's moving.

$45.00 huh? No OnStar? The thing that gets me wondering about that, IIRC, is you have to have your account number when you call them for unlock, my card's in the glovebox.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I keep my card in the center stash box...It's going into my wallet today!

With my luck, now I'll end up locking my wallet in the truck.

Kevin

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
EVen without onstar you still have roadside assistance. They would have paid for someone to unlock your doors.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I hate auto locking doors. It scares me. Needless to say, mine don't lock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
On my vehicle, when I lock the doors with one open, I get a chime and the doors don't lock. Then when you close the door, they will lock after five seconds. I do have Onstar and the card has been in my wallet since day one. It is also set to unlock the doors when the gear select is in Park.

·
Registered
233 Posts
For those who keep their OnStar account numbers inside there trucks why not have your OnStar account number tatooed somewhere, then its always with you.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Always carry a spare Key will save the wait for someone to come and $45.00

·
Registered
398 Posts
I always carry an extra key in my wallet just for this reason.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My dad always keeps a key in one of those magnetic boxes in his frame rail somewhere.

I never trust my truck, so when I get out to do something I always crack the window a little just in case.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
GreenDuramax04 said:
My dad always keeps a key in one of those magnetic boxes in his frame rail somewhere.

I never trust my truck, so when I get out to do something I always crack the window a little just in case.

I don't know who taught your dad . . .
. . . . but I've been doing the same for many years and it has saved my ass and my wallet many times . . .
. . . the little magnetic box is really cheap . . .

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Anyone read the manual and found out if you can set the door locks without the DIC controls by a number of clicks on the door lock switch? That's how I set them on my 2000 truck, turn the key on and click the door locks so many times to set each option. I haven't gotten to read a 2003-4 manual and find out if you can do that or not. Or if the other options that the DIC controls run such as the leaving the lights on for a certain time can be set manually as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts