Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used good cylinder heads arrived today. I purchased them from Chicago TDP. Thanks, Adam!

They look good. Box was beat up but did its job (protected the heads).

New injectors arriving today. Wrenchin' starts this weekend (and maybe tonight).
:D

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
U R WELCOME!!!

SO the wooden infrastructure saved them? That box weighted almost 150 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U R WELCOME!!!

SO the wooden infrastructure saved them? That box weighted almost 150 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. 146 pounds. The box was trapezoidal inh shape from the massive weigth of the heads. However, the plywood surrounding them protected them.

Wrenchin' away this evening...

·
Registered
217 Posts
man... I wish I had two cuz my are shot but still runs.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
what r wrong with ur heads?

I have another set, each head has a small crack between the rear valves, they donot leak fluid at all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I took them off to replace the gasket, the valves on some of them are burn or have crispy crust around the edge. It does not seal up right and I get blowbys and overtime I start there is oil smoke. The oil is leaking through the valve into cylinder while sitting in the driveway overnight.

What I would love to do is to rebuild and engine because I would love to learn how to do it. I rather get another junk motor and rebuild it so I can continue drive my truck. When it is ready, I can swap the motor and rebuild that motor too for my wife’s future truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts