Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home the other night and the pass side lights were BOTH dim. Went out in the am to replace one/two bulbs and they worked just fine.

Went out for dinner tonight and they both worked fine. Got in the car to come home and the pass lights were both dim.

Pulled out two new bulbs. Replaced low beam and tried them still dim. Replaced the high beam and still doesn't work.

After replacing them, turned them on and low beam was dim, turned on high beams and low went dim, and high beam didn't work.

I have a Kennedy high beam harness, and don't know if that plays any roll in this problem.

Any suggestions, ideas????????????

Thanks

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
A bad ground seems to be the most common problem.
If I remember right, with the KD Harness, you have one ground for the driver side, and one for the passenger side.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
As said above, check grounds. The two most common issues are poor ground, or bent pins.

My grounds are laid out in a "per side" fashion so that is what I would suspect. Be sure that the ground is clean, paint free, and use a bit of dielectric grease on the ring.

The relays each control a particular function (hi vs low beam) so if you lost a particular beam then I would say look for bent pin where the OE connectors feed my harness or swap the relays from socket to socket to see if it follows the relay.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

I wiggled the ground wire, but did not take it loose.

Will do that when I get back from Vegas.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well finally got around to looking, in between rain storms.

What I thought was a good ground, turned out to be not so good.

Went to another ground point, lights work just fine.

Thanks to John Kennedy for the email help in trouble shooting this.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Another happy customer.
John probably sold this to you several years ago, yet is still around to help his customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts