Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This applys to 03 trucks only.

First off I think that the Candian headlight switches and US might be different. On the Canadian ones we can not shut our headlights off. (at least i can't figure out how). There is a position before the Auto on the headlight switch marked as O or off but when you try to turn the switch back to O it is spring loaded. Also the headlights don't turn off when you do that. Can anyone confirm if the US trucks are the same or not?

Is there any way to shut the headlights off?

If the US trucks are different, would anyone be willing to take theirs apart and take a picture of the contacts for me? I am thinking I can convert mine to work like the US trucks. I guess I could order a new one too. I took mine apart and it is very simple. 4 phillips screws. You won't have any problems getting it back together.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Try two things..... push your dome light switch four times.

Or

Push you emergency brake slightly. Sometimes this will allow them to go out.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My 01 was a Canadian coverted to US spec truck. I have been trying to find a fix for this also. I can't turn my lights off at night except by pushing the e-brake before start up. I questioned a new switch also and was told it was not possible because it is programed in the ECM body functions and not a switch issue. The 03 maybe different but I dought it.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neither of those work hoot. On pre 02, the park brake worked but you had to restart it first.

Maverick, I think the 03 is different but it still could be a ecm function.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
U.S. '03's operate as follows: Spring loaded switch, self-parks at auto when turned to 'O' position. When turned to 'O' DRL's and Auto headlamp feature are disabled. There is a small led that burns orange when this feature is activated (no DRL.) If switch is on auto, green led next to AUTO burns when lights come on. If you override AUTO and turn vehicle off, upon restarting AUTO operation is resumed.

Confusing? Yes.

Helpful? Maybe.

Ty

·
Registered
962 Posts
That pretty much sums it up, nice to be able to turn the beams off when I go through our gate, the guards get pissed if you blind them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts