Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the head light mod and upgraded it, instead of just having all Headlight on all the time, i took a relay kit from (wal-mart) in conjunction w/switch, now i can turn on my highs w/switch and run my lows & fog,Here is what i did, i ran a wire from the high(relay-#85) and ran it to the power feed in the switch and ran the supply wire from the switch to the relay supply, This is a double wire relay for 2 aftermarket lights, Then i took one of the wires and pluged in to the low beam relay #85 and the other wire i plugged in to the fog relay #85 and thats it, w/the lows and fogs on, all you have to do is hit the switch and the highs come on, when you shut the switch off then you can just run your highs w/out any feed back! And also when you turn the switch on there is no high beam light on the dash.This works realy well and i have had no problems at all!!!!! I have been running this for about 3 months and have run lows/highs/fog for 250 miles w/any blowing fuses/relay's, no over heating......nothing, This is a.....DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!! but it works well. Cody

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I have no idea what the purpose of this "upgraded" mod is, compared to the original mod. Unless you just wanted another switch in the dash ;)

The way mine is modded, I just use the regular high beam switch and viola, I have highs along with my lows and fogs and drl's, exactly how i wanted it...nice and bright!!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is so you dont have to have them on "All" the time, No need to be A** about it!!!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I am not being an arse, your original post didnt make sense as to what the purpose was to your version of the mod.

I am curious in what scenario you would not want all of them on, when you have the highs on though.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
They are not all on all the time. Only when you hit the switch or it gets dark.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I would like to run the high and low mod. Turn on the highbeams, the lows and fog lights stay on as well. I also want to be able to turn on the DRL's at will. I would like to use them as a secondary fog light set. I just dont have the time. I wish someone here was close by.

·
Registered
73 Posts
this is a cool mod, I did it on my fogs to come on with highs also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It only takes 15 minutes at most to pull the relays solder the diode put it back in. Done. It is worth the time nice and bright. Thanks to who ever come up with that!!

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Time is all YOU have. I'll pay you 47 cents a mile and $69 and hour labor...
Give me directions from Lansing, MI. You paying from the time I leave my house? :cool: I'll stop by this weekend. :lol:

It only takes 15 minutes at most to pull the relays solder the diode put it back in. Done. It is worth the time nice and bright. Thanks to who ever come up with that!!

SHHHHHHHH! Don't tell Unit how long it REALLY takes! You're blowin' my cover story!

"Uh...I don't have the right resistor-type special diode. I'm gonna have to take more time to go look for it. That'll be another couple hours." :lol:

BTW, Max Power (Tony) originally thought this mod up. BlNagel is the member who figured out how to do the 01-02's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts