Diesel Place banner

Headers on a 6.2

Tags
headers
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  englishjimmyfan 
#1 ·
Just wondering, I’m going to take my 1985 k30 Cucv to a muffler shop some day soon. Do y’all have any idea if I could get a set of headers made for the diesel. This is my first diesel truck ever and I have no idea. I just got it running yesterday.

Also, do y’all know any shop that could do a 12 volt conversion on the truck. Some of the lights don’t work and even when the key is off, the GEN 1 light and the oil light stay on but the light is faint. I just want to get rid of the whole 24/12 volt wiring so it is easier to work on. Do y’all have any idea?

#2 · (Edited)
#5 ·
There were off the shelf headers (still have the keystone catalogue) around 1990 when the 6.2 was still current. Must not have been much demand as stopped making them, till Stan's did them.
As it's only metal tube welded, one offs made for yourself by a muffler fab shop may be cheaper. With cast headers the dual exhaust doesn't seem to need much silencing (glass packs or straight pipe). Headers may increase it a from little to a lot, unsure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.