Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2004.5 ext cab the head liner is showing on each side,close to the over head grab handle..dealer says this is common..he will order one,but says it will most likely fit the same way.(says they have replaced a few and they all are cut short)..any one else have this problem? any info appreciated..joncar

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please check yours..i never noticed mine before..a week ago i was cleaning & lubing the door gaskets & noticed this..check around the inside door gasket where the head liner meets the trim..thanks..joncar

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
has no one had a problem with their head liner in an extended cab..my dealer said it was a common problem..joncar

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the same problem with my headliner. The dealer did order another one for my truck, but didn't try to install it. When they took it out of the box, it had paint on it. The dealer also told me it is a common problem. They said some they order fit better and some fit worse. It is a crap shoot. I just left mine alone.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes !

I surely had that problem. It was dropped a bit at the head of the rear door openings. Dealer said it's common, said they'd order a new headliner. Meanwhile, they said they had a "fix" for it -- the factory said to use some new glue and velcro (it's held up there with velco...). They tried that, and didn't work. I drove around with that for awhile waiting for the headliner. Next service they were going to replace the headliner. I was real nervous about this, because they were nervous about removal of the existing headliner, and I couldn't figure out how it could be removed from the cab without serious folding/bending of the headliner and removal of a bunch of other cab parts. ( My guess is that at the factory it is inserted thru the rear window opening before the window goes on.?).

Well, end of story ( I hope) it that they decided (again) not to replace it. They again added/redid "new" velco strips, that they claim were newer/better solution than last velcro. AND, they did the button TSB in the center of the headliner. So, when I picked it up and inspected it----sure enough, one side had already dropped about 3/8". S$$T --and they were pissed about it too. That night, I pushed up on the dropped headliner again and it stuck. So far, I haven't noticed it again (but, admittedly, I am kinda looking the other way....)

Sorry for the long post. Have your dealer look into the velcro fix and do the center button fix. Good luck.

Hope this is the type of stuff that GM fixes on the new generation trucks.

(As an aside -- I thought about this too -- if the headliner drops back down a bit again, I'll live with it because the truck just runs soooo damn good!!):D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.