Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Duramax is having head gasket problems due to the aluminum head/iron block set-up... and is it true they're in the process of changing the head design to prevent this? Anybody hear anything about this???

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Mark07 said:
Is it true that Duramax is having head gasket problems due to the aluminum head/iron block set-up... and is it true they're in the process of changing the head design to prevent this? Anybody hear anything about this???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It's just a rumor,

If you are concerned the GM Duramax Diesel engine is serviceable for head gaskets in the truck, if it were ever necessary. I beleive the a few 01's were done that I know of, I have not heard of anyone recently lose a head gasket.

Maverick had on 01 that lost both gaskets, maybe he can chime in here.

Ask the FORD guys how they have to get thereheads gaskets done, can we all say "Take the body off the frame".

Don't sweat it.........I am not.

T
NY

·
Registered
351 Posts
Including mine, the count is under 10 that I know of. This is very good concidering the amount of engines out their. Here are pics of my 01' Chevy 3500 head gasket replacement. This is NOT a wide spread problem by any means and should not deture you from buying a Dmax. Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
403 Posts
I thought this issue was drug through the mud many many times and was dead, buried, and 6 feet under......Edited by: Blinky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts