Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I played bt the rules on a new truck. For the first 500 miles no steady speed, never over 60, no towing. Hit 505 miles on the way home last night. Got up this morning and let the truck warm up (not to long in south Florida) Went out to a nice road less travelled and holy ****e this thing is fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I forget who said it but one of you guys said "duramax 360hp stock who needs upgrade" Boy was he right. Still gonna get exhaust and air filter system to help her breath and a programmer for milage but who I never knew a diesel could have such kick. Glad I went with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sweet!!!. Wait Till You Get Tyhe Programer. It Will Be Even Better

·
Registered
602 Posts
LOL, i was just debating with my buddy last night how trucks, and other things with manufacturer recomendations on break in is BS. To each their own i guess, but i drove like i would normally (which was no p ussyfootin around) when i bought my 05, and put a 15K lb trailer on it @ 500 miles. 13K miles and a year later, not one problem except for the turbo boot blowing off (boost stick + loose clamps = shotgun :) )

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wait, a little

Still gonna get exhaust and air filter system to help her breath and a programmer for milage but who I never knew a diesel could have such kick. Glad I went with it.
Be careful out there... Check out the Allison OEM threads before you buy a programmer... You might want to re-consider. According to the "Experts" the LBZ is close to the max the transmission can handle... The "Advise" is: You will need a "Transmission Modification"... Or you may hurt it. And... Allison just sent out a "Warning" about "After-Market Programmers"...

Not trying to burst your bubble... Just trying to help... :exactly:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts