Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A couple hours ago I did the install of my 110 hp Stealth tuner. Extremely easy....even for a knucklehead like me....and less than 10 minutes. Then I had to go for a test drive....one hour later I'm back. But I think my wife has to take me to the hospital to surgically remove the grin on my face.

This thing comes on quicker than my PS 2000 (LP) and seems to pull stronger higher in the revs. I would venture a guess that there is also more power. Also, to remove the top speed limter is awesome!!! Before...94-95 and the thing has run out of legs....this afternoon...Holy Crap......100 and pulling very strong...don't want to explore the terminal velocity....but a whole lot better this way. I do not advocate driving that fast.....but just needed to know the install was done correctly

So....if you don't want to get hooked on these mods.....spend money...and drive your trucks just for the fun of it. Don't buy a Stealth Tuner.....save some for the rest of us

Wayne

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have seen 115mph with mine,the quad sure runs strong up top.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I bought a 135 version a few months ago, I have yet to run it on the 135 setting. I run it on the 110 setting since I don't have gauges (yet). I don't tow anything and just drive it back and forth to work an a trip across the country or Texas once in a while.

I'll tell you one thing, I can't imagine going back to stock. It's night and day. It took a bit to get used to the 1900-2000rpm surge, but I am well used to it by now, and don't mind it a bit. I also like the 1 to 1-1/2 MPG improvement. I wouldn't have believed until I saw it for myself.

Tim

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvthesmellofdiesel:

Glad you're enjoying the 135 so much! Any more power and I know I'd have to do a major upgrade to the tranny.

You might want to seriously consider the EGT gauge. I didn't notice a major increase in my temps....but I didn't hold WOT very long and it was 34 degrees out.....just want to encourage watching out for your truck.

This is so much fun!!

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts