Diesel Place banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
New rear bumper has been ordered, they say four weeks so i'm hoping to have it by Christmas.

I plan to paint it to match the one pictured on this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Swapped out the 275/65 R 20 toyo AT II's and installed 35/11.5 R 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Also had my rear bumper and all the painting supplies come in, just need the temps to go up a little so I can paint it.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
All painted and installed

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your truck looks awesome! I have a question about your wheels. Did you have to change your rear lug studs to longer ones? I recently recieved my wheels from custom offsets and when I tried to install them yesterday, I couldn't even get the lug nut started with both the wheels on. I bought fuel Maverick outter dually wheels and cali offroad inners. The matting surface on the new wheels are much thicker than stock.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Your truck looks awesome! I have a question about your wheels. Did you have to change your rear lug studs to longer ones? I recently recieved my wheels from custom offsets and when I tried to install them yesterday, I couldn't even get the lug nut started with both the wheels on. I bought fuel Maverick outter dually wheels and cali offroad inners. The matting surface on the new wheels are much thicker than stock.
Sorry I didn't see this or get notified that I had a new post on this thread.

My Mayhem wheels use a "Shank" style lug, so the lug goes into the wheels and grabs the threads. I have all six mayhem wheels so I have no issues.

Are you using acorn style lugs?

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
So, my factory shocks rode good.

My Zone level with Fox "Adventure" series shocks rode great.

My Bds 4.5 with Fox smooth body "performance" shocks rides like crap.

After doing some research I found a few owners saying the resi style ride better so I gave it a shot.
Installed the Fox non-adjustable Reservoir shocks on the front and they ride pretty good, better than stock and a 100% better than the smooth body Fox shocks.

Not quite as good as the adventure series but they say it takes about 1K miles to break these in so I think they will be at least as good if not better.

Happy with the way the truck rides again!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Blacked out the B pillars today.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
What did you use? paint or vinyl? looks great and my BWW would like it on her B pillars!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
What did you use? paint or vinyl? looks great and my BWW would like it on her B pillars!
Neither, it's pieces of plastic painted gloss black one one side and double sided tape on the other.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the look, my Vinyl guy wanted $100 and these were $44 with a $10 rebate if you leave a review.
So far I like them a lot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Pillar-Posts-for-Silverado-Sierra-14-19-Extended-Crew-Double-Cab-4pc/324077600838?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Used some bed liner to coat my rear wheel wells since they don't make any for a dually, $130 off Amazon vs $400 that the local shop wanted.

Also installed front and rear REK GEN mud flaps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Reactions: hdrolling

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Installed a Linkswell Gen 4 T style 12.1 radio

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice infocenter, that looks good!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Trying something new, swapped out my Anzo tail lights for some recons.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
HD , they look great , I have heard the Recon reliability issues but never have had any. They are really a nice look. I finally got the pillar covers just too damn hot in Vegas to install !

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
HD , they look great , I have heard the Recon reliability issues but never have had any. They are really a nice look. I finally got the pillar covers just too damn hot in Vegas to install !
I plan to keep my Anzo's so I can throw them on if I do have issues with these Recons, the anzo's where just too old style and I was wanting something more modern. I'm sure the anzo's I was using are the same style I was running on my 09 LMM dually.

I've been running the recon third brake light and side marker lights and they have been fine, I have been looking at the Recon scanning third brake light since the first gen light I have now isn't very bright.

I'm also getting ready to try installing some 2020 factory cab lights where my 2018 lights are, I like the look of them so I'll see if they fit. Should be coming in the mail today.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I just looked and they are different , never noticed, I think they would look good, will stay tuned !!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
The center 2020 cab light still hasn't arrived, not happy about that. But I decided today to go ahead and at least get the sides done.

The plugs are different so I cut the old plugs off and soldered them onto the new lights, gray to to gray and white to black.

The new lights have three LED's per light instead of the two on my 2018 cab lights, to me they seem brighter even during the day.

Took me about an hour to get both in, guessing to do the center will take about the same and maybe a little longer.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts