Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to keep a running list of upgrades I make on my 2018 LTZ Dually, nothing special but I hate having a completely stock truck.

Bought this new the last day of July 2018, traded my 09 GMC 3500.

I've already done a few upgrades.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
These trucks look really great in white. If my bass boat was white I'd have picked up a white truck as well.

Looking forward to seeing the mods you're planning.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First set of upgrades I did were to the lighting on the front, installed Morimoto 35w 6500k HID low beam headlights and the Morimoto LED fog lights. Not sure if I'm keeping the fog lights, they work well at night but you can't see them on when looking at the truck during the day.

Also added Anzo LED tail lights with diode dynamics LED reverse lights and licence plate lights, and a recon tinted third brake LED light.

The gold bow ties were swapped for black.

After that I installed some 20" Monstir Mayhem wheels with Toyo AT II 275 65 20 tires

Next was a Pace Edwards jackrabbit tonneau.

Installed a Zone 3" kit with fox shocks and a BDS steering stabalizer.

Added a color matched front fender flair/mirror cabs and door handles.

Installed a swing case and bull rings to the bed.

Removed the tiny red 4x4 decal

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's hard adding picture since I already posted most of the new ones in other areas and the forum only allows you to post the picture once.

Next set of mods that I'm waiting on:

1)Amp research steps for the the 2017-19 with 7 gal def tank
2)GM under seat storage bin
3)Amp research rear bumper step
4)Rigid industries D2 flush mounted LED light to be mounted in the front bumper
5)Diode dynamics LED fog light bulb (I want to see how well they work in the stock housing compared to the morimoto complete unit)

I plan to mount the Rigid flush mounted LED lights beside my parking sensors as centered as I can.

I included a pic of a truck that has some, his are more to the end of the black part. I want mine more centered, I'm not mounting anything in front of my trans cooler.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics as of today, new upgrades and mods to follow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Great looking truck. Essentially the polar opposite (color wise) of mine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking truck. Essentially the polar opposite (color wise) of mine.
Your pretty much my go-to truck when I see something and I'm not sure if it will work with mine, I check your threads to see if you have it.

I'm up in the air right now about getting another set of gatorbacks, I liked the ones I had on my GMC. Just not sure if I want to fork over the money for the bow tie set, mine already has the dealer installed GM rear mud guards.

I've only seen a few duallys with the style I would get, these are the ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks. I was torn between that set and the High Country set I ended up getting. I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

I'm waiting on word back from King on my front shocks, as well as SSBC for the 8 piston brake kit. That's about all I'm doing to the truck and I'll be done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks. I was torn between that set and the High Country set I ended up getting. I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

I'm waiting on word back from King on my front shocks, as well as SSBC for the 8 piston brake kit. That's about all I'm doing to the truck and I'll be done.
I'm getting close to my finished project, before next summer I need to decide on a rear helper set up either some sort of air bags or timbrens.

I had firestone airbags on a couple trucks, manual fill. They were ok

My last dually I had timbrens and loved them, the ride when hooked up to our fifth wheel was great.

This truck has the fifth wheel package with the puc system 7 pin in the bed and the helper springs.

The helper springs do not ride nearly as well as the timbrens did.

I don't start towing the camper normally until late May early June when the kids get out of school, then we go for most of the summer.

I'm retired and my wife is a school counselor so we all have the entire summer off so we make the most of it.

I'm on the fence now between doing the timbrens again or giving an on the fly adjust airbag system another try.

And then there is always an second fuel tank for the bed, there are a couple I've seen that are l-shaped to work with my retractable bed tonneau.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Also waiting on my chrome plated billet tailgate handle. I don't understand why the tailgate is black plastic when the door handles are nice chrome pieces. I personally like the contrast of a little chrome and polished aluminum.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Amp bed step came in today, quick 20 min install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Cool piece. Can you show a picture of the install point please?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool piece. Can you show a picture of the install point please?
These two bolts get removed and reinstalled with the main bracket, then there are two small brackets that attach to the main bracket and the truck.

The video I posted only shows the one small but my kit came with two.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next project arrived.

But in order for me to go enjoy Myrtle Beach bike week I have to finish my yard work and get a little detailing done on my street glide before I can go, so these will be going on first thing Mon morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swapped the Morimoto LED fogs out and just put some diode dynamics LED bulbs in the stock fog housing, I hated that you couldn't tell they were on during the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After 5 1/2 hrs my amp steps are installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
So these def tanks are larger than previous tanks. Does anyone make a def tank guard that you know of that works? I'm considering putting one on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So these def tanks are larger than previous tanks. Does anyone make a def tank guard that you know of that works? I'm considering putting one on.
I believe before 2017 they had 5 gal def tanks, these 7 gal tanks already have a shield covering them. Had plenty of time to look at it yesterday while I was mounting the brackets and wiring the motors and lights.

The guard fits over the tank pretty tight so I'm not sure anyone could make anything that would look any better, they do makes kits to re locate it into the bed of the truck.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts