Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain to me why Chevy charges $7900 for the HDPP and GMC charges $6805? What's not standard on the Chev that needs to be added? Thats quite a difference in price.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Allison is $1095 and zf-6 is -$1200 in GMC. Allison is $2295 and zf-6 is $0 in Chevrolet. That is what they were when I ordered my truck in September. It all evens out though. My truck in a Chevrolet would have been approx $600 cheaper than the GMC, sticker vs sticker. GMC always seems to be a little higher than an identically equipped Chevrolet. At the time, I liked the GMC front end a lot better. The Chevy has grown on me, but I don't regret the choice I made.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
flhrciblueice said:
Allison is $1095 and zf-6 is -$1200 in GMC. Allison is $2295 and zf-6 is $0 in Chevrolet. That is what they were when I ordered my truck in September. It all evens out though. My truck in a Chevrolet would have been approx $600 cheaper than the GMC, sticker vs sticker. GMC always seems to be a little higher than an identically equipped Chevrolet. At the time, I liked the GMC front end a lot better. The Chevy has grown on me, but I don't regret the choice I made.

Looks like I might have gotten the best price if not for the fact the flexplate is a piece of c**p . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts