Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to find the oe style plastic running boards you mostly see on the Burbans and Tahoe/Yukons, but for an extended cab HD? Does dealer have them for HDs or do I go aftermarket. I don't need them to get in, or particularly like the way they look but they sure do keep the lower body of my Wife's Yukon clean and chip free. Much better job than my splash guards do on my HD.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Jesse, I used to have a set on my HD...mine were Steelhorse, I know Westin makes a set too...as far as I remember the dealer has nothing to offer.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Do you remember how they mounted? Most kits use the body mounts to also hold running boards. I'd be happy if I didn't have to drill.

·
Registered
644 Posts
They mount very similar to the factory boards on the Tahoe/Yukons...theres a fewa L shaped brackets that mount into pre-threaded holes at the backside of the lower rocker...then they also bolt in the pinch weld area...theres actually some of the holes already drilled...you may have to drill one or two...very minimal...and also be sure to run a tap through the pre-threaded holes to clear out the excess paint thats in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts