Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little off-topic, but I have a question for those that have purchased a truck under the GM in the Driveway program/certificate.

The dealer prints out a price list that shows both the dealer invoice (DIP) and the Supplier Price. In my case, the Supplier price is about $400 less than invoice (which is a good thing).

Now whenever I have purchased a vehicle "at invoice" the dealer will add the "regional advertising" fee that goes to GM. This fee of up to 2% is already built into the MSRP, but is not included under "invoice" pricing. The fee does vary depending on what part of the country you are in.

So now for my question, does the dealer need to add this regional advertising fee on top of the published supplier pricing, or is GM already including it in the published supplier price list for this program?

2% may not sound like a lot, but it adds up to $800 in this case. Hey, that is enough for some stainless step bars and a add-on filter setup! New trucks are not cheap, gotta save it where you can!

Thank you.Edited by: sammy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sammy, I can only tell you how it worked out for me. I had made my best deal 2% over invoice which included the advertising and Doc fee. Upon arrival of my new truck I had recieved a Certificate and that allowed me the GMS or supplier pricing, nad that does not allow them to charge any advertising fee's or Doc fee's according to my dealer.

Best of Luck on your new purchase, Fran

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a 1% advertising charge(of the MSRP). After all is done you price should be about $50 over invoice. Whth the certificates, the dealer is not allowed to charge you a doc fee.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
with my GMS pricing, I wound up about $280 below invoice before other incentives. they are not supposed to charge anything else as the dealer is still intitled to the holdback (about 1%) that is not documented on anything I have seen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I used my cert, GM had just changed the Supplier price to 5% over the GMS so my price was about $40 over invoice and of course, no doc fee or anything else. If you find a truck built before late November I would say, the supplier price on the invoice is still the 4% over GMS so most would come out to about $350 under invoice or so. Unfortunately, when mine came in Dec 10, GM just changed it to 5% over GMS and so I was actually over invoice the 30 or so dollars. Also, be careful, two of my friends had the dealers attempt to charge them $170 doc fee with the coupon. Sales manager highly upset when GM had to get involved to tell them they can't. ALso, one sales guy tried to move me away from the coupon by telling me I couldn't use my GM card rebate points in conjunction with it. Another false statement. These guys must have a college where they learn these fabrications. Be careful with the numbers.

Good Luck

Harry K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is a 2004 2500HD, Extended Cab, Long Bed, LT with Allison Trans. MSRP was $44,450 with the $1,000 of the MSRP for the heavy duty package. The dealer went $500 over dealer cost then deducted the available factory rebates. I bought the truck. A couple weeks later I received a flyer from my GM credit card company telling me I could get $1,500 of a GM vehicle. I took the flyer to my dealer, they processed the rebate, even though I had already purchased the vehicle, and I got the money from the credit card company. In the end, the out the door price, including California sales tax and registration was $39,000. I'm sure others have done better, but I'm happy!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<DIV>Got it squared away. The "supplier" price that the dealer prints out includes the GM advertising. That total is actually more than the DIP/Invoice. However, when the GM advertising fee is added to the DIP, it is a few hundred more than supplier price.
</DIV>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts