Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't decided yet but has anyone lowered their truck say 2-4"? I'm considering a more street look (but NO, not "slammed", or anything like that) just with a little lower center of gravity. If so what did you use AND, if so, what size tires are you using. I'd prefer 18's or 20's for the wheels but obviously a more street/highway profile vice the off road type.
:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I havent seen many lowered HD's but IMO I think it'd be sweet. Everyone on here Lifts them way up, it'd be good to see some change in here :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lowered,whats that mean?:eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
de-crank alittle up front and throw in a drop shackle out back...should bring it down a bit...and not break the bank.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just spreading the info around.
http://djmsuspension.com/ has a 3"front/5" rear kit. Towing capacity reduced an unknown amount due to required removal of top rear leaf springs.
http://www.mcgaughys.com/ has similar product.
They both seem to involve lower control arms up front, leaf spring removal or drop-shackle in the rear, new shocks and even a new transmission cross member to regain ground clearance since the factory one hangs lower than anything else.
Only mention of wheel sizes I've found is 17" or larger with one.
Sumtin' 2 think about...need to see one too...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Saw a lowered 3500. -:t Talk about looking like a dog pile :badidea:

Jim

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, after consideration I have come to agree with Unit453. Think I'll be sticking with factory ride hight cranked up an inch or so up front and slap on some 18" Procomp Xtreme alloys. Just looks better to me.
:ro)
Now, where'd I put that last $15K so I can finish this project?
They're not 40 thousand dollar trucks, they're 70 thousand dollar trucks!:eek: ...back to work...

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have a lowered 3500 dually 6/8 drop if you want pics send me a pm.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I dont understand the concept of lowering a truck. Especially one thats designed for towing, pulling, ect. Get a 2wd 1500 and lower that.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I dont understand the concept of lowering a truck. Especially one thats designed for towing, pulling, ect. Get a 2wd 1500 and lower that.
why would anyone mod and race a caprice classic grandma car?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
To me lowering makes more sense for towing than lifting. You could at least put in some air bags on a lowered truck to keep your weight capacity up. On a truck that is lifted with super huge tires you can no longer tow a goose neck or fifth wheel trailer, and you have to get a super huge drop hitch to tow a bumper pull. Just my 2¢

Oh yeah, Caprices are the poop. I'd love to find one with an LT1 and make a sleeper. :pimp:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I plan on lowerin my 2500 just to get into parking garages in the city. (6foot max height) I like the look of a lowered but not slammed truck as much as i like the look of a lifted truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts