Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed all my mods last week..I set my ppe at 160 for 2 days,then 225 for 3 days,the 90 for a few..there was some moderate abuse.i set back to stock to take to dealer,i immeditly felt firm shifts.i dont know if i paranoid but i think it lags between gears 4-5..i never drove the truck stock with the trans go jr.so i dont know how it should feel

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well with all that hp running through it I would say there is a good chance that you fried her!!! I did mine in four days on the 160hp setting!!!!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
If you didn't limp it it is most likely not fried, or even close, the Allison has Adaptive learning capabilities and had learned the 225 tune so when you put it back to stock, the trans had to re-learn to shift with the stock tune again, therefore firmer shifts. My built one does this if I switch between tunes. Give it a couple more days and it will be back to normal.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Short answer...maybe probably yeah mmmhmm.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah,i hope it is just learning..but i knew the consequince of running that kind of power on a stock tranny.set on 90 now and babying it for now..do they always throw codes if the slip?i thoght they did

·
Registered
135 Posts
Doubt you fried it. I have ran a pretty hot tune on efi live (95mph in a 1/4, with a lifted truck). Never messed up except 5th gear. Limped, then limped again, not i can limp it at any power.... But 1-4 still hold great. Probably just the ally doing its adaptive bs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Doubt you fried it. I have ran a pretty hot tune on efi live (95mph in a 1/4, with a lifted truck). Never messed up except 5th gear. Limped, then limped again, not i can limp it at any power.... But 1-4 still hold great. Probably just the ally doing its adaptive bs.​

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I run my truck 99% of the time on 160 tune. I have never limp mine(knock on wood) and this is even my tow tune with my TT belive it or not. talking about borrowed time....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well with all that hp running through it I would say there is a good chance that you fried her!!! I did mine in four days on the 160hp setting!!!!
4 days really? wow i guess i need to get ready with me on the 300 tune for some time now.:D and here i thought i only had bad luck.:cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ya and when I returned it to stock it still did not shift right and I could limp it easily. I was in a rush and needed a tranny and now the one I got is not much better than one that limps all the time!!! Oh well live and learn!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.