Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
As much as I would love to do the upgrade, JPcustoms is just too pricey for me. Can't justify the 2k.

Bill

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
got mine off of ebay, its out of a 06 trailblazer ss----love it

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
My Lux NAV touchscreen w/ cdx powered by the Lux amp works great ;) :

·
Registered
593 Posts
i have the same set up bodysurf is showing and love it
thanks to ben and other members here like diesel day dreamin

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whats another source beside ebay for a lux amp? I've got the the touchscreen lux headunit, but cannot go any further without the amp. Please help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whats another source beside ebay for a lux amp? I've got the the touchscreen lux headunit, but cannot go any further without the amp. Please help.
Were you planning on using the lux amp anyway? Because you can get the radio reprogrammed to non lux.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Were you planning on using the lux amp anyway? Because you can get the radio reprogrammed to non lux.
I would like the whole lux package set-up. Everyone says it's a much better sounding system. I've never heard the lux system, I'm just hoping it's worth it.

I think I did read somewhere that I could get the lux radio programmed to non-lux. I had just forgotten. But I really do want the lux amp.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
you dont have to program the Lux amp. If you are doing a nav install the only programming you have to do is a VIN-relearn.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Ben, I think when you use a 6 disc, you have to "mate" the amp to the radio with the programming.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
ahh-ha didnt know that...

Thanks Tom!

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I want to do this but don't have the Y-91 codes listed in my glove box. Can this still be done??
Yep. BUT to retro-fit the LUX amp, you have to have a Premium-Bose system in your truck already. Look in the DYI section here for Ben's NAV install and my UC6 install threads.

·
Registered
182 Posts
how do I know if it is premium bose? If it says bose on the side door speakers is that the premium bose?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts