Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know, more talk about the six-gun. So shoot me.

I was curious if any members here have tried to stack the six- gun with a downloder type of programn? Such as the power pup or predator?

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Bronco,

I posted this same question a couple of times earlier. Nobody seems to reply to this. I guess nobody has done this yet. I find that hard to believe, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I have,The first mod I made was the power pup on the 95 seting and was impress with the way the truck ran,then I added gauges and thats when I notice how high the egt`s were getting,If I`d stay on it on a grade they would go to 1500 plus,then I added the Banks turbo back and drop to 1300 plus,next I removed the power pup and only used it to calibrate for the 285 tires and remove the speed limiter,then I added the Banks 6 gun and speed loader,now it goes to just over 1200 on the same grade before I have to back off due to speed,I`m now stacking them ,got the pup on the 70 and the 6 gun usually on th 2 position most of the time,even in the 6 position the egt`s will not go past 1300,I haven`t really push it to much on the 6 position as I`m not shure what I`m doing to the trans,but so far it seems ok,I really like the way it runs with both systems conbined and to be able to back off the power on the fly with the 6 gun.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Silver04,

How does it run with the two combined in acceleration? Does the Powerpup on 70hp and the Six-Gun on level 2 equal the Powerpup on the 95hp setting? How about setting the Powerpup on 95hp and the Six-Gun on the higher settings? The Six-Gun should still monitor tranny slip and back off, so I don't know if that would be a problem. Maybe too much for the engine, since timing and pulse length would be on the dangerous side.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tranny should be safe. Egts are kinda limited because the six gun will backout at 1350 and not let it get any higher . Unless the PUP overides it?

I would try the six gun on level six ( as to acheive full rail pressure) and the power pup on the lowest setting. IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After installing the 6 gun with the speed loader and turbo back,I compared it using a GTECH and the both ran about 15.3 at 95mph,stock was about 16.8 at 84mph,I will soon try it stacking it .

The 6 gun really backs off when shifting and comes back strong after shifting but with the pup the backing off is minimiced,there is also very little smoke.

I usually drive it with the 6 gun in the 2 and pup in the 70hp,later on I will try it with the pup in the 95 but will most likely will back it off to the 70 as I feel it will be the safer way to go.

I`ll keep posting as I get more info...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Bronco,
by the time you make up your mind on which one to buy, they will all be obsolete.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hacksaw said:
Hey Bronco,
by the time you make up your mind on which one to buy, they will all be obsolete.

Hey what else would we have to talk about?

I have prolonged enough, now BD- Power has a new device and a downloader to follow. Predator has updated there tunes/funtions. Quad had new tunes. Edge has the Hot juice. Banks will have a Racebox late summer.

I will decide when I am ready.
Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Bronco said:
Hacksaw said:
Hey Bronco,

Hey what else would we have to talk about?

I have prolonged enough, now BD- Power has a new device and a downloader to follow. Predator has updated there tunes/funtions. Quad had new tunes. Edge has the Hot juice. Banks will have a Racebox late summer.

I will decide when I am ready.

Not to mention what Quad has in the wing. I made a promise not to tell, so I will not. But if it comes about, it will be very nice.
Sometimes I wish he was still here. I do need to e-mail him to get an up dte on the pregress of both of the up and coming upgrades.

·
Registered
704 Posts
hdmax said:
Not to mention what Quad has in the wing. I made a promise not to tell, so I will not. But if it comes about, it will be very nice.
Sometimes I wish he was still here. I do need to e-mail him to get an up dte on the pregress of both of the up and coming upgrades.

I talked to them today, and I've got something coming my way UPS ground. Looking forward to playing around next week.Edited by: Amric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts