Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used or heard of this stuff? http://www.lubricationproducts.com/ixl.htm I am running the conditioner in my truck now. I have done a sample test with this product and was simply amazed. I am normally not a beleiver in such claims, but since i did the test myself with no other influence and what ever oil was kickin around(not given to me by manufacture that might have been skeewed to make there product shine), i had to believe what i had seen. If somebody would have told me, in what i had just done, i would have brushed it off and said whatever. But to do it myself and see the results myself, knowing i wasn't getting a seminar scam handed to me made me a beleiver.

The test was put a 1/4 inch metal dowel pin, in the drill press chuck. Put a metal block on the work surface with a 1/4" hole in it, but not all the way through. Now the metal block(2"x2"x4") was in a vise attached to the drill press base, but rigged up with a psi gauge underneath to determine how much pressure you would be exerting down. I poured normal oil in the hole of the block.(right to the top) Started the drill and started working the dowel up and down in the oil to warm it up. I started putting some pressure to it and the oil broke down and seized the dowel to the block at 200psi. Retried with amsoil synthetic and results were it seized at 400psi. Then tried with this conditioner and cranked the psi gauge around to 600psi(gauge only read to 500) and held it there as long as i could.(found out later i broke the press
)Elapsed time would have been around 5minutes and it wouldn't seize. The other oils seized within 1 minute with far less psi strain. When you looked at the dowel after, it hardly had any score marks on it, whereas the others were seized to the block.

Now i know that was a pure conditoner against oil test and we would not put this product in our engine pure, without mixing with normal or synthetic oil per recommendation of manufacture.(1oz. per 1quart of oil) But obviously it has to work when blended with normal oil, better than even sythetic. When i have time i am going to do a sample with the proper % blend that we would use, and see if the outcome would be the same. My power provider has the set-up there for customers to try and will see what i come up with.

What do you guys think??? Later Jeremy

Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Let us now .... I to am normaly a dissbeliver in super lubricants also....

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts