Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a hard tonneua that will match my truck. I'm thinking A.R.E. any input on quality,price,etc.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question mxz8wyn. I'd like to hear other people's experiences and opinions too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Retrax here.....love it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Retrax!!!

Had the Retrax on my last HD. Loved it. No problem opening it even in our frigid NY winters. Kept everything dry, and did not rattle.

·
Registered
612 Posts
A.R.E. Good quality, fit, and finish. I've had three in the past.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
A.R.E. Had them on last four trucks. Great quality and fit.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have the Undercover tonneau cover. Strong and light weight. The tonneau cover weight was the deciding factor for me. See www.undercoverinfo.com.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have the peragon fanfold hard cover. It's aluminum (baked-on, satin black powder), weighing about 35 lbs or so (including rails, maybe 45 or 50 lbs) and can be easily removed if necessary and be carried in the truck. When folded, it takes up about 9" or so of space at the front (maybe not even that much). I installed it myself in about 8 hours. Okay ... I did have the help of my 11 year old son, so that added some time for inquiring minds and such, but he did help me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Covers

Hey, I installed the "Fold-A-Cover" (http://www.fold-a-cover.com/),on my 2003 long box, took about 45 minutes. (by myself). Opens and locks at both ends, if you need full access to the box it coms off in 5 minutes. I pull a fifth wheeler, so it'll be nice to have some cover over the box when on the road.
:driver:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have the Snug Lid SL. Matches paint perfectly. Has a double seal, single lock in middle instead of one on each side. Also comes down over tailgate to cover the black protector on the tailgate. Some lids don't do this, and in my oppinion, this looks much better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 04 came with an ARE from the previous owner and the fiberglass is cracking in a few places already but since I'm not the original purchaser I don't have a warranty.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Undercover, and LOVE it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the Undercover hard top cover. it comes in black but you can paint it. It is the strongest top I have seen The shop here has one on a 350 Ford with 800 lbs setting on it with almost do flex.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have the fold a cover. the only thing that sucks is if you get any water in the key holes. when its cold its a bCensoredch to gettem open. otherwise its strong and secure. i stand on it to wash the top of the cab.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know what color your truck is or if it is a long bed, but I have a Pewter fiberglass Astro cover for a longbed I took off of my '02 before I traded it in that I would make someone really good deal on. It's like new.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Retrax is awsome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts