Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just picked up o3 3500 4+4 crew cab .Great truck ,starts great cold, let get hot and cranks for 5 seconds before it hits normal? I changed fuel and air filter! thanks for any info Tim.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Joing the club! Mine does the SAME THING.

When new, started up immediately. I think I'm going to wear the starter out now. Dealer says injectors fine - BS. Something is wrong.

I'll let ya know when I know what it is

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still hard startig

I called dealer , going in tuesday ,possible bad lift pump? who knows I will post the results !!!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
What was the outcome at the dealer?

Mine has been doing this for the last couple of months and now its really bad. Starts fine at first but needs to sit for a hour after warmed up before it will start again. Fuel smell is now stronger from the exhaust and blows more smoke on any quick take off...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine has been doing this for the last couple of months and now its really bad. Starts fine at first but needs to sit for a hour after warmed up before it will start again. Fuel smell is now stronger from the exhaust and blows more smoke on any quick take off...
Take it to the dealer and have your balance rates checked, sounds like you need injectors. Is there fuel in your crankcase?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still hard starting

Went to dealer and was hard starting,checked fuel system pressure all over place . dropped fuel filter ,checked fuel filter looked good and filter only had 50 miles on it. installed new o ring on filter and truck would not start. mechanic decided to change filter again and truck started right up??? dealer said everything looked good ,very confused .a couple days later taking longer to start again 4-5 seconds compared to 10 seconds to hit. going back again next week.i will post soon as figure out !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stranded now

Out Doing A Job Truck Will Not Start!!!! Going To Dealer On A Flatbed Now! Will Post Results I Hope!!!!! 4/04/06

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sounds like the O ring between the filter, probalby is sucking air. Sorry to hear about your problems, let us know what happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 Silverado... It is doing the same thing... I have recently moved and they use alot of bio diesel here... I have been changing fuel filter alot and assumed that was the problem. Mine, gets slower and slower to start until I change the fuel filter then it is good for at tank of diesel or so then it starts getting slower and slower again. I am reasonable sure that it is not my fuel or filter causing me all the problems.

I have ready on some other boards people are changing the PMD sensor.... Has anyone tried replacing it to fix this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as loganguy except my problem occurs hot or cold. Dealer replaced fuel filter under recall and problems started. I replaced fuel filter and slow starts got better but not fixed. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
has anyone found a solution to this my truck is doing the same thing!! Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah same thing happening here. was out of state when it got really bad, took it to dealer and they were quick to change injector pump. seemed ok for about 10 days then started again. changed filter noticed bad o-ring and seemed to be ok for a few days then started doing it again... now have a vibration at 60 - 65 mph under load, not sure if this is all related or not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just picked up an 02 with 58,000 miles Friday and had it towed back to the shop yesterday due to the same problem. I tried changing the fuel filter prior to this with no luck. The dealer said there was air in the system. They bled the system and it seems to be fixed for now but we'll see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found that the bleed valve was seeping fuel after being
primed, replaced O ring on bleed screw and my truck starts like it`s supposed to. Was hard to start because it
was pulling air at the bleed screw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still at dealer

Well it has been at dealer for 1 week now,they say bad fuel pump . I also changed o ring for primer after changing fuel filter,it did the same thing . Supposed to be done today so I will post if that was it!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well it's only been a day and mine is beginning to crank longer and longer each time I start it. It's going back to the dealer Thursday for reevaluation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
still at dealer

Dealer changed fuel pump yesterday,still doing same thing, haven't heard from dealer today. 8 days and counting?? Will keep posting with updates.Anyone with any idea's, please post thanks!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
rig is at the dealer right now. suspect injector pump. same injector pump that had been replaced about 3 or 4 weeks ago. will keep posted.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
ALL you people at once?? Must be a virus going around :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts