Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently serviced my Alison with the full service filter and fluid change and after driving it about 100 miles it started to shift hard from first to second. did it just a couple times, then stopped. Then after a week or so it became more often and then second to third as well.

It dosen’t do it all the time, but if I get on it, it really will shift hard. Yesterday while getting on the onramp of the interstate it went into limp mode. Threw the p700 code. I pulled over and cleared it and then drove home. With no slip or rough shift.

The transmission worked great prior to the service.

Any suggestion? I’m tempted to drop the pan again and replace the sump filter again with a AC Delco filter. The one I used was a WIX. This is the first time I have used a wix filter and I’m not confident about it. Up til this, I’ve never has a hint of shift trouble with my truck.

I used AC Delco Dexron VI fluid and the Blue Allison TF950 spin on filter.

my truck is a 07.5 LBZ with 222k miles.

·
Administrator
16,318 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

The P0700 code is the TCM noticing a problem with the trans and requested a MIL on your dash.
You need a scanner that can read TCM codes to see what the exact trans issue is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but limp mode on a freeway in socal is not a desireable situation to be in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today it threw the P0717 and the P0721 code. Didn’t go into limp mode though. Is it possible that I have a speed sensor issue?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Certainly is possible. Several posts about this if you search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts