Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a hard clunk when i come to a stop and let off the brake a bit. Cant tell what it is. Maybe rear brakes?? Pull up to a stop sign, then let off of brake a tiny bit and clunk.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I am getting a hard clunk when i come to a stop and let off the brake a bit. Cant tell what it is. Maybe rear brakes?? Pull up to a stop sign, then let off of brake a tiny bit and clunk.
Maybe give the splines on the driveshaft some synthetic grease... took the bump out of my truck...Lots of info on here about it..

·
Registered
524 Posts
"I am getting a hard clunk when i come to a stop and let off the brake a bit. Cant tell what it is. Maybe rear brakes?? Pull up to a stop sign, then let off of brake a tiny bit and clunk. "

You're not alone.....mine does it as well.........

·
Premium Member
18,116 Posts
Lube the driveshaft yoke or have the stealer do (screw) it up. I believe there is a TSB for that.

·
Premium Member
18,116 Posts
All mine did it, some with less than 5k miles on them. Lubed the yoke, problems gone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like a big clunk for the drive shaft but i will have that done. and see if it helps

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems like a big clunk for the drive shaft but i will have that done. and see if it helps, WHat type of grease should i use or does it matter

·
Premium Member
18,116 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts