Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new LBZ for a month now and am ready for a programmer. I waited for the superchip, but am not impressed with the dyno numbers from it for the LBZ. I don't want to do a transmission upgrade, so the power pup will produce more than enough power for me on performance setting. My question is, are you guys with power pups happy with them? i.e. performance gain, ease of use, driveability, ect. ? thanks, Sim

·
Registered
320 Posts
yep, only problem I have with it is it seem's to wear out my back tires when I turn it up.:confused: ):h

·
Registered
149 Posts
The power is awesome, but you will need to do some Tranny work to hold it long term IMO...

After about 10K on the truck since I first did the Install my shifts are getting worst and worst...

I have not limped it, and I have a light foot, but it is REALLY de-fueling...

I have PM'd Eric several times to do a SC4 install for me when I am Racing at Road America next month...But I have not heard anything back...

I just can't get these guys to take my money from me...What is up with that???

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have about 5K miles on my BD with no issues at all. I've kept it in Tow/econ mode the entire time.

I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
simtare,

We have sent out over 100 of the Bully Dog LBZ programmers and the only complaint we have had is it makes too much HP for the stock tranny if you turn it up!! Otherwise it's been a very good seller for us. If you have any questions just call us!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
85 Posts
on the lowest setting is the power pup ok for a stock allison with the LBZ

simtare,

We have sent out over 100 of the Bully Dog LBZ programmers and the only complaint we have had is it makes too much HP for the stock tranny if you turn it up!! Otherwise it's been a very good seller for us. If you have any questions just call us!

Mark @ DPPI
On the lowest setting is the power pup ok for a stock allison with the LBZ.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i had mine on performance for about 4 months, it really defuels during the shifts which sucks, i recently put it on the tow/econ mode since i am getting ready for racing season and will be pulling my trailer alot. i havent seen any high egt's or anything but i have some mods done to the truck. overall i like it, just wish i had some tighter shifts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Does the Tow/Econ mode actually increase the power on an LBZ? Has anyone seen any fuel mileage increases?

·
Registered
354 Posts
it feels more powerful, not as much as performance though (which i got spoiled on that setting). i havent been on a long open haul to see if there were any increases or not

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a pwr pup on my '05 and I love it! I actually picked up around 2 mpg hi-way on the first setting, but I think I lost a hair in the city. On the second setting its awesome! 3rd setting... too much! I'm happy all-around with my purchase; about the only thing that sucks a bit is that you will get more rattle when the truck is cold. Its a bit un-nerving at first, but you'll actually get used to it... remember it's a diesel. Once your water temp hits about a165 degrees, the rattle is gone and that baby purrs better than original. I run around now with the pup on the 2nd setting and it balances out very nicely with the 315s I'm running. I honestly believe that I am averaging about the same mpg as before any mods... around 19.2 overall!!! The key is lower rpm highway.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I picked up a slight milage increase on tow/economy but now that I have added the 4" exhaust it seems to have increases substantially. I just drove 240 miles and used a lot less than 1/2 tank - the DIC says 10.4 gallons but I will find out for sure when I fill up and hand calculate. It is definatley an increase.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ever since i got my superchip i like it alot.. i dont know anything about the Pwr pup but i like my superchip i ride with it all the way turned up and its just the pwr is always there no matter what.. ohh and i drive about 175 miles every weekend home and back to school.. and at 75 miles per hour iam gettin around 20 mpg.. and i lvoe it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts