Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day on the highway a evo flew by me and of course i couldnt be havin this so i caught up to him.... got beside him rolled about 60 an laid into it. laid the boost guage over to 30psi an got the jump on him til up to around 110 then he slowly crept by me because my truck seems to lose its pickup around 100:damnit1: but iwas pretty happy to hang with a car thats a few thousand pounds lighter at 100+ mph

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Awesome man. Those cars are dang quick. I'm told they'll run 13's stock.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
nice! i bet he was a little suprised!

·
Registered
781 Posts
smokindmax... .you know... its people like you that make me never satisfied with how fasst my truck is haha.. good kill... cant wait for a tranny and efi... one day

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i need a tranny cuz i jus hav a smoke tune now an it will slip if it down shifts from overdrive so i can only roll into it:banghead:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thats awesome, its something you wanna get on film, like the drivers garunteed pissed off expression. You talk about your trans mines the opposite if i roll in OD it will slip clean before i hit 2k, if dump it and feather the shift back in then shell hold in there. Im sure having everything to do with having more pressure cause the higher rev but i donno im no trans guy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im not much of one either but i do no mine could prolly go any day now... but yea the dude wasnt even that pissed he got next to me after an jus looked over nodded an pulled off at an exit haha

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Do you have lift pumps ???

Mine sure made my truck pull better on the upper end !!

·
Registered
550 Posts
nice!!

a friend of mine has an evo (with a little work done) and he's giving me some **** about racing. I told him we'd hook up this spring and see what happens. I'll be adding a lift pump fairly soon and possibly a little more tuning than what I already have. should be fun either way.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
the stock turbo is basicly done by 3,000rpm and you start losing boost. or basicly 100 mph

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea it revs out an then its bout done climbing so i might see if i can change around the rev limiter and lift pumps will be on the way soon but the tranny is the main priority

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
yea it revs out an then its bout done climbing so i might see if i can change around the rev limiter and lift pumps will be on the way soon but the tranny is the main priority
it not really the fuel... to the point that the engine is useing more air than the turbo can supply to maintian the said boost levels thus the boost starts to drop.

if you are running a big tune 450-500rwhp you deff need a lift pump on te fuel end. but on the air end you need either one a bigger turbo or 2 something like N2o

·
Registered
3 Posts
smokin im goin to call bs on that :laugh_exp just kidding your truck is quick for the way that tranny is like i told you go in the back room at the tech and grab some clutch packs and we will rebuild it at indy park.:cool: :thumb:

·
Registered
573 Posts
the other day on the highway a evo flew by me and of course i couldnt be havin this so i caught up to him.... got beside him rolled about 60 an laid into it. laid the boost guage over to 30psi an got the jump on him til up to around 110 then he slowly crept by me because my truck seems to lose its pickup around 100:damnit1: but iwas pretty happy to hang with a car thats a few thousand pounds lighter at 100+ mph
truck loosin power in 5th gear ?? !!! time for an ats torque converter and co pilot ! with t

·
Registered
573 Posts
truck loosin power in 5th gear ?? !!! time for an ats torque converter and co pilot ! the stock Allison transmission only receives approximately 86 PSI oil pressure to the clutch packs when in 5th gear. After the addition of the Co-Pilot transmission system, the clutch packs receive approximately 230 PSI, allowing the transmissions clutch packs to receive full line pressure (clamping force needed to apply the clutches) during high power situations. With the simple addition of our Co-Pilot transmission kit pushing the available line pressure to the clutch packs .that system increases the torque capacity of the Allison transmission by over 200 foot pounds. This kit makes it possible to transfer 100% of the power developed by a modified engine to the rear wheels without causing the transmission to slip and the "fail safe" condition to occur.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.