MY TRUCK SEEMS TO HAVE ALOT OF POWER THROUGH THE SHIFTS
WHEN GIVING IT HALF THROTTLE ,THAN PUTTING IT ALL THE WAY TO
THE FLOOR . IT GOES GOOD WHEN PUTTING TO THE FLOOR BUT IT
SEEMS FASTER AT HALF THROTTLE . I HAVE OVER 80,000.0 MILES
ON THE TRUCK . :cool:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Before I put my Edge on,my truck always seemed to accelerate the best at about 3/4 throttle.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
The stock tuning has a lot of emissions controls and torque management. It will delay/deny fueling until the turbo spools up for emissions and it will roll back power to control torque. Just floorboarding it will put you on the "governor" and the programming will actually rob you of power and performance.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Mine feels faster at 3/4 throttle programmed or not (LLY). Wierd.

·
Registered
648 Posts
interesting. I just figured I was slipping the torque converter more at WOT. That's why I stepped back to 65HP tune after a 2 week stint at 85HP, the 65HP felt as quick. It seemed that mashing the go pedal with the 85HP tune didn't make a difference over the 65HP tune. Like I said, I attributed this to the 85HP tune blasting through the TC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has always felt the same way unless under load. When pulling my trailer it makes more power to the floor. When unloaded 1/2 to 3/4 and just ease into it instead of mashing it to the floor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have NO WASTEGATE (DISABLED) and 3/4 is better.
Anything under 99% on edge is good. 100% or greater it falls on its face.
Same with PPE Hot Extreme.

SC

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hook that wastegate back up.

You had better hook the wastegate back up and keep the boost around 30 pounds. Or you are going to DISABLE the turbo and possibly cause alot more very expensive problems!!:)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
why would you wnt to diable your wastegate

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Before I put my Edge on my truck it seemed faster at 3/4 throttle. I just figured that 3/4 and full throttle were the same because the go pedal is a fly by wire. Moving the pedal 1/2 way to the floor is actually more like 65%, if you just move the go pedal is like 20%. Its fun to watch the TP % on the A2 because it is not what you think it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. These trucks are akin to their big cousins, OTR trucks. I am amazed how mine acts similarly. Under load, the least throttle I can give does best. If I need more, I don't go to the floor, only a little more! And let it swallow that. As it torques down, just a little more. You'd be surprised, as this process can be repeated 4-5 times util floorboarding is achieved. Then left off a little to the point where you can tell it is really burning the fuel, and go again with the process. This works great pulling long grades and windy conditions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
First off,thanks for confirming Im not crazy(at least on this one subject). So what is the best way to achieve max acceleration? Roll on slow until I get to full throttle? I have noticed this also pulling onto the hiway from a stop, full throttle doesnt seem to get it. I almost called Superchips to ask wtf? I am stock except for the S.C. and swiss airbox.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm with you all, mine isn't crap if I hammer down and it down shifts. Even at half throttle it pulls much harder.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the info . When I find a fix I'll be back .:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts