Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son wants to put a set of these on his pickup. It's a HD 3/4 ton, 8 on 6.5" bolt circle. Anyone done this yet? Got pics? Any problem areas with fit? If I don't hear anything here, we'll try it out this spring and I'll post it here.

CWB

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Only thing I can think of is the hub diameter. Don't the older trucks have the larger size hubs?

Bolt circle is the same.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Seen them on the 3/4 ton 88-00 body style

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only thing I can think of is the hub diameter. Don't the older trucks have the larger size hubs?

Bolt circle is the same.
Thanks for the tip. I'll measure it.

CWB

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
IIRC the 88-00 have the same hub size as the new trucks but pre 88 has the larger hub like the dodge still uses.

Get someone w/ a CNC mill and have the open up the center hole.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've even heard of people using a hole saw to open the hole up.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I put some on My jeepster, his truck should have a d44 or 10 bolt up front, I know the hubs are too big for the wheel, you have to machine the centers of the wheel out, the only good way to do so is with a rotary table and overhead mill or a big lathe. It cost me about 120.00 to have the set done at a local machine shop here, but the wheels were free so I didn't care

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, that's what we needed to know. He wants to use them so I'll be looking into the process of opening up the center. And if nothing else, I can always sell them to a wider user base... Thanks for the info.

CWB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts