Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I bought the nice H2's that everyone loves...I purchase the tires and everything. Town Fair Tire would not put them on so I went to my buddy's shop late Wednesday night...Well after we mounted them and we never checked them. I got in the truck and drove off...but then I smelled the rubber...so I pulled over and sure enough they are rubbing. So I need spacers for a 2004 D-max 8 lug and I don't know what to buy or where to get them...any ideas guys??? The life I have is a Tuff Country 4" inch and I can't believe I'm having this problem!!! Help

·
Registered
663 Posts
where's it rubbing? I'm guessing on the inside of the wheel and not on any part of the body. If you want to keep those wheels you're gonna have to buy a 1.5" or 2" spacer for the front and something as well on the back to match.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Tough Country lifts require a certain back-spacing. It is right in the install instructions. That is why stock wheels wont work. Same deal with the H2's. They have a lot of backspacing and will rub on the arms. This is well documented on the site. Get some spacers and you will be ok...or get a set of aftermarket rims with less backspacing.
ac

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's barely rubbing...not even a quarter of an inch....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Get some 1/4" spacers. I had 315's on H2's with my 7-9" Cognito lift and all I had to get was 1/4" spacers to clear the tie rod ends.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had h2 with a 6" skyjacker lift i used 1/2" spacers and they cleared no problem

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do I get the spacers??? Any suggestions

·
Registered
928 Posts
Or ebay.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Liability...they said...I said fine...don't touch my truck without me watching and I put the tires and rims in the bed of the truck and drove off...it wasn't until later that night I put them on and found the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts