Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone from here there this weekend?? Or does anyone live in Ocean City maryland??

Me and a bunch of my buddies drove down from school (upstate NY) for the weekend. I drove the truck and they drove their audi's/vw's/subaru's.

It was an awesome time, the night life was great cruising up and down the miles-long 4 lane wide strip with literally a thousand spotless euro cars...every parking lot was filled with car shows, etc. Ive never been to california, but I guess if I had to imagine what its like out there, this would be it.

Tons of cool cars there, IMO I think the 'euro' cars (jettas, golfs, A4's, whatever) are really cool when done up nicely, completely different than the stupid ricer scene. The people are also cool as well, true car enthusiasts. We messed around with a lot of them on the strip and got lots of thumbs up from everyone when they were surprised that a big truck could go fast. :D NO ricer flybys.

Anyway, I saw a bunch of dmax's down there, I think one had a diesel place sticker on the back but it was going the other direction on the strip....

ben

·
Registered
425 Posts
yea i was here. i was working at the firehouse on dorchester street. good thing you were in your truck. on the northbound lanes of coastal highway on friday night, a bunch of the cars that were slammed to the ground and were riding the right lane next to the bus lane ended up either cracking or completely ripping parts of the oil pans off because of the road being ground up to be repaved. kept the engine crew running around all nite putting out absorbent and cleaning up after these incidents. you should come back this weekend. this weekend is the hotrod weekend when all the hotrods come down and cruise through the city. fun times with car shows and great people.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i heard there was a count of over 30 cars with cracked oil pans from one of my VW buddies.

also there was an idiot in a pretty rare Audi S3 who drifted around the dirt track at Ocean downs while drunk, the police started chasing him on the grounds, then he hit someones 30' enclosed trailer, and someones VW before getting out on the road and running for awhile before losing control and ending up in jail.

·
Registered
425 Posts
crazy time in the OC! just rode through town and now the city is grinding up the southbound lanes from 62nd street south to 26th street. first they ruin the VW weekend and now they are ruining the hotrodders weekend also. i worked at delmarva bike week a few years ago at ocean downs and the cops were always shasing drunken bikers around the track .pretty hilarious until they F'd up someone elses ride.

·
Registered
246 Posts
bad04dmax;2044231; said:
crazy time in the OC! just rode through town and now the city is grinding up the southbound lanes from 62nd street south to 26th street. first they ruin the VW weekend and now they are ruining the hotrodders weekend also.
Yeah what the hell was that all about??? not only did they only have ONE northbound lane with finish coat, but it wasn't even a WHOLE lane... It was split like 25% in the middle lane and 75% in the right lane! The rest was all milled pavement where you can't get traction worth a damn, AND kick crazy amounts of stone on the poor bastards behind you!

And God forbid you ride in the left lane going north! I think I lost some teeth on those damn storm drains.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Wish I knew you were heading this way Ben; I woulda made the trip just to meet ya! Give some notice next time when you come this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts