Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some good prices on these rims. But where do i get the Chevy centers for them? One of the guys on E-Bay was selling the centers for $169.
That's more than the rims.

As always Thanks for the Info!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Wouldn't the stock centers work? Looking at hoot's wheels he appears to be using the standard GMC centers. One issue could be the Chevy/GMC centers are shiny and the H2 rims are dull, maybe that's why many are shining the H2 wheels?

·
Registered
958 Posts
The stock center caps work fine, you just need to cut the spacers(clips?) off of the back side. Easy work.

Some people are buying chromed H2 wheels, FWIW you'll find a much, much better deal on the regular H2 wheels. I went the cheaper route, the chrome center caps look fine on them IMHO. Personally I prefer the duller finish, but the chrome looks amazing on certain colors.

Here's a pic of my un-chromed H2 wheels with the chrome center-caps from my stock PY0 aluminum rims.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!

Hey Camstyn the truck looks Awesome. I have a 2004 and as far as installing them, did you end up doing the same as everybody else, raise the totsion bars and cut away the front airdam. I am purchasing a set from E-bay for $150. So I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.

Thanks as usual!! ED

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi Ed, thanks for the compliment. Instead of raising the torsion bars and added the green keys instead, which gave me a bit more lift than cranking the torsion bars will provide. A little trimming of the air dam and inner fenders and voila!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have a buddy looking for a set of chromed take offs for me.. I'm finding out they are a LOT more expensive that the non chromed. You can get the standards for under $200 a set, the chromed are anywhere from $700 and up.
I've even considered having a standard set aftermarket chromed, which can be had for under $100 per rim if you look, I'm just not sure of the durability/quality.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Camstyn, could you post a closeup of your wheels? I think Hoot's are sweet as they match (shiny/shiny), but yours look good from afar - wondering how they look closer. Sorry if you posted this elsewhere, I don't recall seeing it if you did. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Check my pics. #3 is a good closeup.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice pics. Do you guys know the backspacing & width on the H2 wheels? From the pics, it looks like they don't stick out as much as aftermarket wheels, and therefore may be in my future (too).

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Backspacing is 5.5" width 8.5" 17" dia.

The H2 is about a 7400 gvw truck so I imagine that is what they were spec'd for.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet. I might have to look for a set local, so i can change my current 285s/aftermarket rims out for them when I wear out these tires. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
VFRRider, you may not be aware, the chrome H2 wheels aren't chrome from the factory. They all come in as the regular aluminum finish. There is a place in California that chromes them for everybody. If you can get them chromed locally for cheaper that sounds like the way to go.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Cam's comment makes perfect sense now. The H2 dealer I got mine from said a company from Cali sends a truck once in a while to get their takeoffs. Makes you wonder if they remount the BFG's on chrome wheels?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for the info Camstyn, I was not aware of that.

Joe E let me know if you have any luck local, I'll keep looking also.Edited by: VFRRider

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
U MI guys go to a local Hummer dealer and check.

Some dealers are selling tire and rim for $100.

My dealer (Columbus OH) sells rims $100 and tires $50

The rear GAWR on a H2 is 5000# so the rims should be over 2500# each rating.

·
Registered
909 Posts
$100 at the dealer is very good price, as the best I've seen on Ebay is about $500 for a four set of wheels/tires, and the bidding is just beginning.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts