Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy set of factory takeoff H2 wheels and tires(315/70/17) and need to know if the wheels will fit 2002 2500HD 4x4 with 4" Rancho kit. It looks like it will be real close to hitting the top of the spindle. I'm pretty sure the wheel has 5" backspacing with 20 positive offset Edited by: Wahoo_Chaser

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well here is a truck running the same setup(minus the wheels) that you are talking about.

Click on pic

Rancho does not recommend backspacing over 4.5" but doesn't go so far as to say they won't fit. Here are the installation instructions.

http://www.gorancho.com/documents03/88148c.pdf

Hopefully someone will chime in and give you a definite yes or no. Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just edited my post the tires are: 315/70/17

I had mistakenly said 37's in the original post

·
Registered
958 Posts
You may need wheel spacers on the back, the local Hummer dealer had clearance problems on the rear axle of a 2500HD (with a lift kit, not sure which brand) because of the extra backspacing the wheels have.

Since our rear axle width is narrower than the front, wheel spacers will look good on there anyways.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Camstyn said:
You may need wheel spacers on the back, the local Hummer dealer had clearance problems on the rear axle of a 2500HD (with a lift kit, not sure which brand) because of the extra backspacing the wheels have.
Weird. Wheel spacers on the rear axle will match things up a little but not recommend if you tow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI They don't fit. Tried on the front and they hit the spindle big time. On the lift they mount just fine with about an inch of room between tire and the top knuckle area of the spindle, but when you put any weight on it hits against the tire. I'm still going to use the tires (315/70/17) but on an aftermarket rim with less backspacing, something like 3 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts