Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running the h2 wheels with the stocker 315's on your truck? do you have a lift? what mods did you have to do?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You have to have less than 50 post to ask that question. Anyone with over a 100 should know how to use the search.

Sorry,:lol:
Crank the t-bars so that the truck is level, but don't use all the threads.
Bolt on the tires.
Trim the lower bumper as needed.
Ziptie the inner wheel well liner as needed.
You may still get some rubbing, insure you know where and are ok with it.
Get the alignment redone, it will be off.

·
Registered
159 Posts
:grd:

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to have less than 50 post to ask that question. Anyone with over a 100 should know how to use the search.

Sorry,:lol:
Crank the t-bars so that the truck is level, but don't use all the threads.
Bolt on the tires.
Trim the lower bumper as needed.
Ziptie the inner wheel well liner as needed.
You may still get some rubbing, insure you know where and are ok with it.
Get the alignment redone, it will be off.
thanks...........that big space was kinda worryin me:D

·
Registered
648 Posts
IIRC, there are instructions w/fotos on here for the exact mods. (I used to have that setup, and I used said instructions when putting them on.)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IIRC, there are instructions w/fotos on here for the exact mods. (I used to have that setup, and I used said instructions when putting them on.)
did you have any rubbing? did you use aftermarket shocks? what was the ride like?

how many more inches taller are the 315's compared to 245's?

what is the load range for those 315's

·
Registered
648 Posts
No rub. Shocks in sig. Ride was nice (I put 3/4" spacers under shocks). 315's are like 33" tall IIRC. 315/70R17 BFG KO's are load range D.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
315's are 34.5"

·
Registered
363 Posts
Problems with H2s

Yesterday I got my H2 wheels in and did the necessary requirements list in this post to get the 315 to fit. The truck was cranked up to level and I trimed the plastic part of the bumper. Went into the discount tire and got them to start mounting up 315s. The guys there tried to tell me they wouldn't fit but I responded with "I have seen it done." Well the tires didn't fit. They cleared the front bumper fine but they.......rubbed isn't quite the right word, were about to smash the back part of the fender where the flare comes down. There was a snow ball's chance in hell of those tire fitting. So I had 285 mounted up on the truck and those rubbed a little bit on the front part of the inner fender well, but I had a hack saw with me and quickly fixed that problem. I guess it was a good thing the tires didn't fit after cranking the torsion bars to make the truck level the front end was bad stiff. I rolled over a speed bump as I normally do and there was no give in front suspension. I hit the bump and sunglasses, paper, coke can, and what ever else is on the center console went every where. So after the 285s were put on I was relieved to be able to bring the front end down to were the ride is comfortable. Also when getting the aligment this morning there was just enough adjustment to get the front straight any higher and it would not have been able to be true.

This leads into another problem. I was trying to get larger tires on the truck as cheaply as possible, so I got H2's off of ebay for cheap and thought I was set. Until I started pricing tires for a 17" rim. Damn. Within two sets of tires all the money I saved by not buying new custom wheels will be burned up buying more expensive tires. I will offer this advise, and is how I would do again if I had the chance, buy nice 16X8 wheel at list price then go to nearest Sam's club for 285's that will fit. In the long run it will be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just checked UPS, and my ebay H2's are "out for delivery" I cannot wait. I planned on going 285 from the start with these.

I did price the tires b4 I bought the rims, but I wanted to go up an inch or 2 on the rims so I was not "all sidewall". ):h

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I guess it was a good thing the tires didn't fit after cranking the torsion bars to make the truck level the front end was bad stiff. I rolled over a speed bump as I normally do and there was no give in front suspension. I hit the bump and sunglasses, paper, coke can, and what ever else is on the center console went every where.
If u crank the bars up u also stretch the shock out and go far enough it stops anymore travel.

Sounds like what u did.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If u crank the bars up u also stretch the shock out and go far enough it stops anymore travel.

Sounds like what u did.
Hence the spacers I mentioned in my earlier post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With 17" wheels tires larger than 285's come in few sizes from fewer manufacturers. I think this is why the new NItto's are so popular because they filled a gap in sizes. I wanted 33/12.5/17 in BF TA's but it doesn't exist and they make more sizes than anyone. I ended up with Pro Comp Extreme AT 305/65/17. They were real expensive at $255 but I got one free so it's a wash. They are also E load unlike most others of similar size. Like mentioned by others, by the time the H2 wheels were bought, powdercoated and the wheel center issue resolved they were no bargain. A lot of decisions I make don't make financial sense but I'm not alone there. At least by me I don't expect to see many others with the same setup and thats worth the time and money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts