Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else finding that these wheels pack up with snow big time when you're having some fun? The first time I packed so much snow in there, it was so off-balance I thought a wheel was coming off when I got back on the road. I've never noticed this in the vehicles I've owned before.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I've had trouble w/ mud but not snow.

I had the H2 out in the fields last nite(10"+ snow and ice) but I got the winter tires and wheels on it now.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've had the off balance problem with all my 4x4's regardless of wheel type. I'm happy with mine they really dig in snow. I did notice under a lot of power the front end wanders a bit. Almost like only one wheel is driving. I'm not sure if it's the IFS, poor tie rod design, or something else. Last year was a joke for snow. Last night was the first time I really played in the snow locked in.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm very happy with the snow traction over the OEM's. Actually it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Made me a big fan of the All Terrains. I am concerned that on wet gravel or muddy roads the tread will fling chunks all over my rockers tho..

Mike

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gotta say these are the best A/T tires I've ever used in the snow.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Camstyn said:
I've gotta say these are the best A/T tires I've ever used in the snow.

For a second i was gonna tell ya ta quit whining lol.... truck still on the hoist Cam, but this is gonna be fun.... might even have time for another beer or 12 tonight!

BTW i forgot to tell you your rims look awesome on your truck! AWESOME! You wanna try a stack now that i am handy? Will the flywheel hold out?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid I can't go beering with ya, I'm in Ashcroft every night during the week, I'm home here during the day between 8 and 3 though, we'll do lunch!

I dont think the flywheel will hold a stack except for maybe on the dyno, but thanks for the offer! I'd love to dump more power to it but I dont want to be making an appointment with the service department just yet..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Jeli said:
I did notice under a lot of power the front end wanders a bit. Almost like only one wheel is driving. .

More than likely what you're feeling, no locker up front.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
8.1, thanx I thought the same thing. I wasn't sure how an IFS acted with this much torque. My '78 big block 4x4 never acted like this but also had a solid front end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts