Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is this clown on RV.net, in the toy hauler section

http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17001114.cfm

that claims his H2 towed a 40+ft toyhauler (which i cannot even verify exists through Weekend Warrior), a FSW36, he says, with 4+ extra ft added to it.

He says his H2 towed this trailer fine, never under 40mph, up big grades.

remember, the h2 is built on the Tahoe platform, and has the same engine and drivetrain.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I dunno but I like the moderators editing.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
808 Posts
Warrior does make a 40'+ trailer IIRC.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just looked in the Kelley Blue Book and YES WW does make a couple 40' tow behind trailer.

2005 Models: 40' SLC 3905 with 1 slide out & 40' CL 4005 Double Slide outs with 3 axles

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
according to WW

http://www.a1warriortrailers.com/07allfloorplans.htm

the SLC and CL are 5vrs

the trailer talked about in the rv forum is specifically a fsw model, which is a tow behind, or toad.

of course they make 40 ft + 5vrs, but a tow behind???

i still call bs

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
497 Posts
according to WW

http://www.a1warriortrailers.com/07allfloorplans.htm

the SLC and CL are 5vrs

the trailer talked about in the rv forum is specifically a fsw model, which is a tow behind, or toad.

of course they make 40 ft + 5vrs, but a tow behind???

i still call bs
Ooops, I jumped the gun...the biggest they have in tow behind is a 33 1/2..they do not make bigger than that according to the kelley book. I was looking at the fith wheel models

·
Registered
498 Posts
40' tow behind? Towed a few 37' Wildernesss Bunkhouse tail waggers to FL and ME, and the tail swing on those P.O.S. took 1/2 a football field due to the centering of the axles. Tongue wt. increased exponentially when braking, even with W/D hitch, and front wheel slip could be felt (skids in turns) with a heavy CC/Dually (7.4L gas/100Gls Fuel).

Would'nt want to go off road with that much frame behind the trl. axles either. The tail would scrape the tops of every hump in the road....a looooooonnnnng teeter-totter is a bad idea. In mechanical physics, formulas are used to multiply lifting force with a lever.... Inncreasing the length of the draw behind the fulcrum point multiplies the lifting force by increasing the draw's travel! Adding weight to the tail (toy hauling section) would increase the lift on the H2's receiver... I'd recommend wearing Depends going up I-5.

Shure sounds like pure BS. The H2 + 40' trailer makes for a relatively small dog with a HUGE tail to wag down the road at 40MPH going up "big hills" (and what's he mean by "big hills", anyways? 7%, 6%.....3% grades?).

RF

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Anything in the 28' + range (much less 35' or even 40') being pulled with a short wheel base, underpowered, underbraked, high center of gravity SUV is looking for a death sentence. He may have done it (with a little exaderation) but we all know it wasn't safe and he didn't beat any landspeed records. I know I don't play by all the rules, but that was just a :badidea:

For comparison; my Desert Fox 28KS (32' tongue to tail) dry weights 7600#, that's 237.5# per foot. So a 40' would be roughly 9500#, probably well exceding the H2 towing cap.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bad, I wasn't thinking and assumed a 5ver
dude, what is that arrow in your avatar pointing to? and who is tha girl??

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not to contradict anything about the H2 pulling a 40' trailer which is BS IMO but the H2 is not exactly a tahoe with a different body. It may start out sharing the same frame as the tahoe but that is where it stops. It is beefed up considerably and has the 6.0 gasser not the 5.3 . Not to mention the last time I checked the H2 wheels on my HD truck would not fit to well on a tahoe. Much bigger brakes and running gear then any tahoe.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I thought it was on a 2500 Sub. chasis, but didn't want to start a fight.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not to contradict anything about the H2 pulling a 40' trailer which is BS IMO but the H2 is not exactly a tahoe with a different body. It may start out sharing the same frame as the tahoe but that is where it stops. It is beefed up considerably and has the 6.0 gasser not the 5.3 . Not to mention the last time I checked the H2 wheels on my HD truck would not fit to well on a tahoe. Much bigger brakes and running gear then any tahoe.
yeah, i know that. i am looking at getting some h2 wheels withthe stock 315's for my truck. is the offset any deeper than stock?

but for as short as it is, as much as it weighs, and as small as the motor is...a 40 ft is BS

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What arrow I don't see anything but a smokin hot girl.
ok it looks like the space needle

i didn't want to talk Censored about her, and then find out she was your old lady.

she is gonna have some serious gravity issues soon:eek:

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
there is this clown on RV.net, in the toy hauler section

http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17001114.cfm

that claims his H2 towed a 40+ft toyhauler (which i cannot even verify exists through Weekend Warrior), a FSW36, he says, with 4+ extra ft added to it.

He says his H2 towed this trailer fine, never under 40mph, up big grades.

remember, the h2 is built on the Tahoe platform, and has the same engine and drivetrain.

what do you guys think?
BS.

Those things are already so heavy, over-tired, and underpowered I would love to see one tow big. Don't they have an 8500lb rating? Unloaded they are just about the slowest thing on any road, no way can it tow heavy and be termed "fine"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts