Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer by my house has H2 tires and wheels (new goodrich's) for the set $425.00. The tires alone would cost me $800.

Will these 17" wheels and tires clear my fenders etc. What do you guys think of this price? They have 4 sets all new. I bought one set.Check out these chromed H2 wheels. I wonder what it would cost to have them powder coated or chromed?

Edited by: problemchild

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
OK problem where do u live?

Stock 315 tires will require cutting and a few turns on the bars.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Price is good. I would only take any more if you know someone within driving distance who wants them. Shipping is extremely expensive on full sets, you may not find any buyers willing to pay it. If you want info on how to make em fit, give me a PM.

Mike

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long Beach, Ca

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I paid $500 for mine. You can't put 245's on for that price that's why I bought mine. Yes they fit with a little work. Look at my pics.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd love to do that to my truck for under $500. Maybe I need to swing by my local Hummer dealer and scratch at their door.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a set on my truck. I am running 285/70/17 though. They look great. You have to use your stock center caps though and remove the little plastic studs on the back.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I've been considering this on my rig with a 6" Fabtech lift. Installer says that the backspacing needs to be less than 4 5/8" with a 12.5" wide tire. the BFG 315x70R17 is big enough to rub the top a-arm and the H2 rim has a 5.5" backspace according to an e-mail from a vendor selling these take-offs.

Do you guys think the installer is telling the truth?

Thanks,

Deadeye

·
Registered
457 Posts
The vendor very well could be right. I checked Fabtech's website and nowhere does it say anything about required backspacing but there are a few other companies out there that offer similar style lift kits and they warn no more than 4.5" of backspacing.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Dead eye, the wheel diameter has a lot to do w/ the backspace problem.

I could see if I can locate an H2 owner in CO and let u try the spare on your truck.

This is the only way to tell.

H2 guys are running 4-6" lifts and stock wheels.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Thanks, guys. I guess I will have to spend the extra dough for aftermarket wheels . . . I suppose I could still use the take-off tires if I had the correct wheels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder what it would cost to have them powder coated or chromed?

From my experience when you buy a set of aftermarket aluminum wheels chromed ones run about $100 more per wheel than just plain polished.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Problem,

I live in San Diego I don,t mind the drive. Please E-mail me with the dealer Name and #. That is a good price if there new. Do the they have sets most of the time?

Rob

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes they have 22 sets ( well 21 now) on hand.
Its Cerritos GMC/Hummer in Cerritos California. Its off the 605 fwy at south st.

Take the 5 to the 405 to the 605 north to south st and make a left. Go to the first light and make a right. Go down till you see the hummer dealer and make a left. The gmc dealer is across/down the street from the hummers. You need to go to the service dept and ask for them. Its down the block from the car dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I tried the stock H2 wheels and tires, but they do not fit with a Rancho 4" lift, they rub the spindle big time. So I kept the tires and put them on the new KMC Enduro(17x9) pictured above. I love the look of the new wheels and tires and I have no rubbing at all, of course I do have a Full front replacement, which helps.v

Edited by: Wahoo_Chaser

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Wahoo

I am suprised they fit. FABTECH says 4 5/8" BS required with a six inch lift. After discussion with my installer and examination of other lifted trucks, I now understand. Your 17x9 have a 5" BS. How much clearance do you have between the back of the tire and the top of the spindle? I assume you had to trim the front bumper air-dam?

-Deadeye

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deadeye, I was previously running 16x10 with 33x12.5x16 and the spacing is about the same maybe 3/4 of an inch. The stock H2 wheels fit on the lift, but as soon as there was any weight on the truck the tire hit the spindle, it was not even close to working. I did not have to trim because i've got a full front replacement bumper, no tire will rub that
. Rancho says a Max. of 4.5 inches backspacing but these fit great. I also added new keys to get another 2.5 inches in the front. Doing that actually seemed to straighten everything out and allowed relaxing some of the tension on the torsion bars, previosly they were cranked all the way.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wahoo_Chaser if you get a chance post some pics, I'd like to see those rims on a truck, they look good.

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts