Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I like to say hello to everyone. This is my first post. I have a queston about how big of a tire i can get on my stock 2000 Gmc 2500 new body style? Thinking about getting h2 rims but dont know about the 17 tires.. Thanks for all the help. Love reading about the duramax.. Thank you for the help... Ps its a 4x4 ext cab if that helps

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome

Lots of guys here running H2 rims. They have different sizes and they'll answer soon. If you go too big you have to trim the lower valance and tie back the inner fender well. The 17 inch rim with I think 305/75 will fit with just cranking the torsion bars. My neighbor did this.
Hope this gets the post started.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Do a search for H2's. There is a ton of info here.

Cranked, trimed and zipped. My stock H2's (wheel and tires) still rub once in a while, but not to bad.

Edited by: WanaDmxsub

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome aboard - lots of good info in here for diesel novices like me...

Ref the H2s: Got 'em, love 'em. Paid $125 (plus tax) for a complete set of four brand new take-offs.

I'm running 265x70/17 Bridgestone Revos - best tire I've ever owned. I had to trim a quarter inch off the inside of the front wheel wells (the small pointed portion in front of each tire) to keep 'em from rubbing, but even without the trim job they rarely rubbed.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat... and wonder what took me so long.

Chris in NC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts