Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the PX on Fort Bragg install a set of 265x70-17 Bridgestone Revos on my H2 take-offs this afternoon. Wow.. what a difference!

The first and most noticable difference is the appearance - this is exactly what the truck should look like when it rolls of the end of the assembly line. The Chevy center caps on the H2s work so well that it's simply amazing that Chevy doesn't sell 'em that way - and they look a lot better than the Hummer center caps on the same wheels.

The tires are wide enough to look like they were made for the truck without being too wide. The truck's stance is much more 'aggressive' - probably not the right word, but it'll have to do for now.

Out of personal preference I had them install the tires with the raised white letters out. I don't use it in the mud, so for me they're pretty easy to keep clean. The white letters and painted wheels work perfect with the silver paint on my truck.

On the way home (about a 10-mile drive), the first thing that I noticed was how nice the ride was. The recommended pressure for these tires is 36 psi, which is considerably less than the tires I took off of it. I have to believe that the wider, less hard tires make the truck more pleasant to drive. It seems to stick better in the corners, and it also seems to corner a bit flatter.

The tires are remarkably quite for all terrain tires. They don't make any more noise than the stock tires, and I'm not sure if they make any less,

10 miles isn't much of a first ride, but I wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the decision to go with the 265s over the 285s - no fender mods, no cutting the front splash guard, and I can still use my Husky flaps.

I'll learn more about 'em over the long weekend. If I find anything special, I'll post it here. I'll also try to get my neighbor with the digital camera to take a photo so I can post it so y'all can see what they look like.

Have a happy, safe and prosperous new year.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd like to see some pics of the 265's on the H2 wheels, I wasn't sure if they would be too narrow or not but it sounds like they work just fine.. I've got an extra set of H2 wheels in the shop and if 265's will work, they're going on the van.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Chris,

I have a set of chromed h2 wheeles with 285 on them. 2 turns of the bars and trim thefront air dam and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wakeboarder said:
Chris,

I have a set of chromed h2 wheeles with 285 on them. 2 turns of the bars and trim thefront air dam and you will be good to go.

Wake, Thanks, but I don't need to turn 'em; the 265's are already on the truck. So far, no rubbing at all.

I'll try to post some pics sometime before the end of the weekend - however it's going to be in the mid to upper 70's, so I'll likely spend the majority of the weekend riding one of my bikes.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
One ?, the 265/70 revo tires are c rating w/ only #2535 load cap.

Are these the tires u have?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, those are the same tires.

I don't use my truck for hauling big loads in the bed, but rather for pulling a trailer full of motorcycles. I needed the pulling power more than I needed the load capacity. For me the 265x70-17 Revos work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts